chapter thirty

Amelia's Pov
"So you're telling me the same stranger you fucked on the train is the one you're fake married to?!?" Ophelia asks Abit too loud but I'm grateful the cafe is that busy for people to be in our business. Ofcourse people keep looking over to see where they know me from but I'm not paying attention, I'm here with my best friend. "Yes that's just the summary,"i say as the waitress brings our coffee. "And none of you has caught feelings from the mind blowing sex? Shocking,"she says making me internalize the question. Had she or had I? I mean i do care for her but her reputation keeps me from feeling anything more.

"I guess we both don't see each other that way,"i lie knowing damn well she's everything I'd never go for but want to either way. I was sick of hiding this secret because of how lonely it was to not talk to someone about it. "Why Fabiana, and not some random hook up though?"she asks making me realise that my lie might be in the open. "How's everything with you?"i ask diverting the conversation. "They're okay, Peter and I are separating,"she says taking a huge sip of her coffee looking everywhere but at me. "I don't want to sound like the enemy but I'm happy about this, you deserve better for yourself.

He might be your children's father but you're not his automatic doormat,"i say making her breakdown at the words and i don't hesitate to switch seats so i can comfort her. I know nothing about about being a parent with a douche for a husband but i do know that love is a huge sacrifice.

"What if I'm making a mistake? What if Riles hates me for her dad not being present?"

"She won't and even if she does you know the truth and someday she'll understand it too. Peter might be the best dad to them but that doesn't mean he's not the same cheating scam bag who doesn't think twice about what he has to lose," i say hugging her. Ophelia is the best thing to have ever happened to me. When she walked into English class looking all confused and misplaced i wanted nothing more than to help her find her place. I still do. "I don't know the first thing about being a single mom,"she says making us both chuckle as she dries her eyes. "That's what I'm here for, I'll even babysit for you to go on dates to find out,"i say making her giggle at my commitment to see her out there realising her worth.

"What are you going to do when the deal is over? I mean everyone already knows you're her wife?"

"I'm going back to London to continue with my life,"i say simply because i had thought it through. "I know but you'll always be Mrs Scuderi until she actually gets married to someone else,"she says in a duh tone. Married to someone else? How has i not thought about that? That someone else would get to wake up next to her, put her in her place when she's being a douche, see right through her tough act, get annoying nicknames from her and get fucked by her, the same way she does me. The more i think about it the more jealous i feel even though I have no right to, she's not mine nor am I hers. We're just, friends. "You okay Amay?"she asks bring me back to reality. "Yes i am,"i say feeling Abit nauseous all of a sudden. "Riley has been asking about you, want to stop by and say hey to her?" She asks checking the time and I'm already nodding my head. I've missed that small creature. "I need to use the washroom,"i say getting up but feel my feet get wobbly and the next thing i know I'm on the floor unable to keep my eyes open. When i open my eyes i see Ophelia looking down at me. "god you're awake!" She says.

"How long was i out?"

"A few minutes probably,"she says chuckling as she helps me get off the cafe floor together with two other waiters. I end up apologizing for the scene but they reassure me that it's okay and so does the owner.

"when was the last time you ate?"

"I eat every day Ophelia, I've just been vomiting most of it that's why,"i say looking over to her but she already has a knowing look and i don't know what for, that lately I'm picky with food or it'll end up in the toilet?