chapter thirty nine

the picture was to give a vivid picture of a description i made when writing :))

Amelia's Pov
"Are you sure that's what you want?"

"Yes it is, it's time i started a fresh anyway,"i say genuinely. Being back there just reminds me of all the memories Brianna and i had. She helped get this house and moved in later when our relationship was rock solid. "Ma'am the tour is ready,"the real estate agent says. "bye Ophelia I'll talk to you later,"i say before hanging up. I've been house hunting for two weeks now and it's frustrating. When i get into the house I'm already in love how its structered. I can definitely see why its expenive for a two bedroom house, with a roof terrace and a garden.

There's a staircase that leads you to the bathroom thats built over the bed as the ceiling. when we're done she leads me back to the sitting room area.

"so when can i sign you?"

"Are you sure we can't work out an agreement? the pricing is abit high,"i say because if it all works out i can even move in by next week. "well youre in luck, the owner desperately needs to sell this house so a 10% discount is in place,"she says making me smile widely because thats all i need. its abit more expensive than the other one but im doing it for me so its definitely every penny. she walks me through the hole process and when i'm done i go back to work because i was doing this on my lunch break.

When i get to the office im still getting stares but im not phased, they can think whatever as long as i know what really happened. i was surprised that my client list went up instead of down since fabiana announced her engagement to the model woman. i didnt even know until Charles walked into my office rushing to hug me. if anything most people sympathysed with me because of ho good i am at what i do. "Amelia you have a scheduled two hours with interns,"Hailey, my assistant says peakin her head in. Charles insisted on one because of "what I'm going through".

I adjust my dark green dress pants making sure i look every bit as a mentor. I walk with my heels click clacking eveerywhere all the way to the elevator becuase im supposed to meet them all at the entrance with my assistant quietly standing at the corner typing something on her tablet probably arranging my schedule. "do you like it here so far Hailey?" I ask and there's glimmer in her eyes like shes surprised im acknoledging her. "i..i am," she says adjusting her glasses and i find it cute. I'm about to ask her something else when the elevator doors open and she leads the way to the interns and there's murmurs when we approach. Most of them look like they are seniors in highschool and others in college.

"Hello everyone, my name is Amelia Grayson and I'll be mentoring the first three to make it to the sponsored programme," i say and there's already hands up with eager faces. Hailey choses one out of the crowd. "Is it true you left Fabiana to focus on your career?" she asks curiously. "Guys you're here to learn from miss Amelia, not pry in her personal matters," Hailey says seriously and i'm eternally greatful that she answered it for me. i can't stand that name anymore,its just too painful. "Remember only three of you will be taken so work smart and show us why this firm needs you and lastly if you're here because someone asked you to be, there's the door,"i say bluntly because i don't need interns that are only here because they were forced to be because i take law seriously.

Hailey briefs them on the next three weeks schedule and the touring of the building as they walk closely behind her. i decide to go out to get some fresh air before following them. "Amelia?"i hear someone call out my name and turn to see her standing there with shorter hair than she had when i last saw her. She walks over to me scratching her head nervously. "you look...good," i say lacking words to describe how she looks but she looks amazing.