8-I Want To Go Home.

"Why do we bother replacing these things?" Kyo complained "No ones gonna care about a tiny hole or two".

That day, everyone was helping clean the entire house for new years. Tohru was scrubbing the deck, Kyo was changing the doors, Yuki repairing them, and Amira was currently wiping down the table. It had been a few months since Tohru and Kyo had moved in, and by then, Amira had gotten used to their presences around the house. Another thing she had gotten used to, was the constant back and forth between Kyo and Yuki.

"Shut up and work." Yuki replied to his comment. "Its your fault they're beaten up in the first place.

"Why are we even related?" Kyo said.

Though, getting used to it didn't mean it wasn't an annoyance to her.

"Both of you, no arguing." Amira sighed as she continued to wipe down the table. "Let's try to be positive, like Tohru."

As Yuki and Kyo turned their attention away from Amira to Tohru, they saw her happily running down the deck with a rag.

"Are you really having that much fun cleaning the deck?" Kyo asked, turning to face her.

"Yep!" She smiled as she looked back at him. "Tiding up the house for new years with all of you is like a dream!"

Kyo looked back at the door. "That's a weird dream."

"I honestly don't think Miss Honda experiences the world the same way others do." Yuki spoke. "She accepted that we change into animals like its no big deal. She even is excited about it. And her life has been much harder than most high schooler's your age. Yet she's always smiling. Acting like everything's fine."

"Your right actually..." Amira said

"She's lived with us for four months, and even now, there are still things about her that I don't understand."

Suddenly, the door opened to Amira's right. It was Shigure, who had two stacks of books tied with string.

"Ugh my poor back." He said. "Why do these books have to be so heavy? I hate to get rid of these. But ill just get yelled at if I ship them to the main house.

"Um.. Shigure?"

Amira watched as Tohru walked up to him.

"I know it might be too much to ask..but my grandfather informed me that he and my family are going to Hawaii for new years, so is it alright if I stay here?"

"Mhm, of course." Shigure replied. "But, are you sure that's what you wanna do?"

"Yep." Tohru replied.

"Hmm...why does this feel familiar?"

___

"Im staying here too!" They all said in unison.

Amira, Kyo, and Yuki rarely ever all agreed on one thing. But this was one thought they all shared.

"I haven't been back in four months. So why should I break the streak just cause a new year is starting up?" Kyo said as he ate.

"If I show up for the banquet now, what was the point of me leaving?" Yuki said.

"I've gone every year up till now." Amira said, not sparing Shigure a glance as she ate. "Its always the same."

Amira had never missed a single banquet since she was old enough to attend. But overtime, the memories she had of them started to blur together. The new years banquet was always the same. Same seating. Same food. Same atmosphere. The only thing that ever changed was who would participate in the new years dance. But overtime, even that became repetitive. Attending the new year's banquet had become tedious to her.