28-And Just Like That...

"Hiro! Hey look! We found stag beetles!" Tohru said.

"Yeah, their really cool looking!" Amira said as she held one in front of Hiro.

The next morning, they all got up early to go out on a beetle hunt. But ever since the evening before, Amira had noticed Tohru kept watching her. She wouldn't have been too concerned as if it hadn't been for the day before. So she decided to act normal so Tohru wouldn't worry about her. But honestly, she wasn't the only one. Amira noticed Hiro was staring at her too.

"Here, look." Amira said, holding one in front of him. "Isn't it cool? We were hoping to find one."

"Uh...congratulations?" Hiro said.

"Thanks." Amira replied.

"What's that on the tree?" Yuki asked.

"Some sugar water." Momiji replied. "It's a trick Kyo taught me."

At that moment, they heard someone running past them.

"Speaking of him." Amira said, looking back.

"Hey Kyo!" Momiji said. "Guten Morgan!"

He stopped running to look at them.

"Your out here pretty early." Momiji said.

"I'm not the only one." Kyo responded as he wiped his forehead. "How's the bug hunt going?"

"We haven't found any rhinoceros beetles." Momiji said.

"I'm not surprised." Kyo responded.

"But look." Amira smiled, showing him the beetle in her hand. "We found stag beetles."

Kyo looked at the beetle before making a blank face at Amira.

"Dummy." He said. "That's a rhinoceros beetle."

Amira paused. "Huh? Are you sure?"

She turned back to look at Momiji.

"Hey Momiji, can I see the encyclopedia?"

"Sure!" He said.

As Amira went over to Momiji, Kyo ended being yet another person who was staring at her that day. He went over to Hiro and hit him in the back of the head.

"Ow! Jeez." Hiro said. "What was that for?"

"What's up?" Kyo said. "Did you do something to upset Amira again?"

"What do you mean?" Hiro responded. "Do you have any evidence to suggest I might be responsible for such a thing?"

"I don't know what happened exactly, but she seems sorta...down. Her smile...there's something off about it." Kyo said, glancing over at her.

As Kyo made his way back over to Amira, she smiled.

"You were right. It is a rhinoceros beetle. So I guess we did find ones today after all."

"Told ya." Kyo said.

____

"Wait. Slow down, are you sure?" Hiro asked over the phone. "You know you have a habit to misunderstand things. Yeah, okay then. Well, don't trip or anything." And then he hung up.

While Hiro was talking on the phone, Amira, Tohru and Kisa had been playing with the beachball. But, hearing Hiro was getting off the phone, they went over to him to here what had happened.

"What was that?" Kisa asked. "Is something wrong?"

"No." Hiro replied. "Turns out my mom's pregnant."