31-How Did You Know?

"What?" Amira said. "Your grandfather collapsed?"

"Mhm." Tohru said. "He strained his back. My aunt said it's nothing serious though, and he should be fine."

"Oh, that's good." Amira said. "But...why is Shigure on the phone with your aunt?"

"Goodbye." Shigure said, hanging up the phone.

Tohru shrieked.

"You can't just hang up somebody else's call!" Yuki said.

"Everything's set, so what's left to say?" Shigure replied. "Now, good news Tohru. You can go visit your grandfather tomorrow."

"Okay, thanks." Tohru said.

"As for the parent teacher conference, I shall be playing the role of your guardian."

"Huh?!" Tohru said.

"Your joking, right?" Amira said.

"You? Huh...right. Because what could go wrong with that?" Yuki said, crossing his arms.

"Wait, what?" Shigure said. "But I thought it was a brilliant idea. You don't want me to come?"

"No! I mean, I never would have asked you to go through this much trouble just for me." Tohru said. "I'm sure you're way to busy to come to school for something like this..."

"It's no trouble." Shigure chuckled. "Don't worry your pretty head about it."

Then he smiled. Though, Amira had the feeling that smile wasn't because he was excited about helping Tohru.

"Well, anyway." Shigure said. "Your aunt and I decided this would be for the best."

"No, you decided." Yuki said.

"So, what do you think of our little plan?" Shigure asked. "Sound good?"

Tears formed in Tohru's eyes. "Yes, it sounds wonderful. Thank you."

Shigure smiled. "By the way Amira, do you have a guardian yet?"

"Yep." Amira said. "I called Hatori."

Shigure smiled. "So you'll be accompanied by the good doctor! That's great!"

Suddenly, the door opened, and Kyo walked in.

"There you are Kyo! Welcome home." Tohru said.

"What's up with the group meeting in the hallway?" He asked.

"Oh, hey Kyo." Amira said. "We're just discussing parent teacher conferences."

"Shigure volunteered to go to mine since Grandpa can't make it." Tohru said. "Only if your really sure you don't mind going, though."

"I wouldn't miss it for the world." Shigure said. "After all, what could be more important than a meeting about your future?"

 "After all, what could be more important than a meeting about your future?"