37-I Guess So.

"Even though I left, she never left my mind."

Akihari looked up to the sky.

"I decided then...I would go. Not that it was easy. She's my precious niece, and I love her more than I could ever explain. Leaving meant I couldn't see her as much anymore. I knew that, but..."

Akihari frowned. But then she turned to Kyo and smiled.

"Anyway, I wish I could see her everyday. She's so cute! And so sweet. Like a little angel."

"But...Amira." Kyo said. "If you wanted to see her everyday...why do you live in a different city?"

Akihari smiled.

"Still so young. I wonder...how long it will take for you to find your answers. Your reasons for living. How long it will take for you to understand."

When she said that, it sounded ridiculous. I'd always felt I was born to be an object of contempt. That I continued to live to hurt other people. And wasn't I right? That's why I happened, isn't it? That's why my mom died. Didn't she want to tell me it was my fault? And you too."

Kyo stared down at Akihari's body, lying in a pool of blood.

"Even you fond smile became hate in the end."

As he kneeled in front of her, devesated, he heard a voice.

"Now now, it's not your fault."

As Kyo turned, he saw his mother behind him, floating.

"I promise you didn't do anything wrong. But Kyo, you can't go outside. Alright? It's better this way. There are bad things outside. You understand? Come inside with mom."

His mom floated towards the cat room.

"We'll stay there, forever. Safely inside this house."

Kyo glared at her sharply.

"You wouldn't disobey your dear mother, would you?"

"I'll never forgive you."

Kyo turned to see Akirhari floating, her eyes dulled as her clothes were splattered with blood.

"Really Kyo. Don't you realize mom knows best? I'll be inside, waiting for you."

He turned back to her, then back to Akihari as both ghost started to float away.

"But come soon." She said. "Or something even more terrifying will happen."

Kyo then looked down at his hands. They were covered in . But as he slowly moved his hands, below his was Amira, lying in a pool of blood.

Quickly, Kyo snapped awake, pale and sweating.

"Both of them in the same dream. Did they know what I was thinking? Is that why they came? To remind me? That I need to know my place? Because I thought maybe...just maybe...Amira loved me back. Please...who was I kidding? It's...ridiculous. To even let myself think that."

Meanwhile, Amira looked up at the stairs as they were eating breakfast. Kyo still hadn't come down, which was unlike him, since he was usually the first up.

"Don't worry." Yuki said. "He'll find his way down eventually."

But it didn't stop Amira from worrying. Because for some reason, she had a bad feeling.

"...Yeah."

_____

"That's it. Done." Yuki said. "The last major event of the school year is behind us. Nice work."