10-If You Say So.

"Thanks for the soup, girls. It's divine!" Shigure said.

Amira and Tohru had cooked together once again. Amira had to admit, it was a lot of fun to cook with her, even though she wasn't much of a morning person. Cooking had always been something that relaxed her, but now it was also a nice time to spend with Tohru. It reminded her of fond memories.

"I'm glad you like it!" Tohru smiled.

"Just one more thing you've changed." Shigure said. "When it was just me, Amira and Yuki, we never ate breakfast together."

Suddenly, Kyo walked into the kitchen. But he already had his jacket and his bag as if he was leaving already.

"Oh, good morning Kyo." Amira said. But he didn't respond.

"Come and eat." Shigure said.

"Better hurry, or it will all be gone." Yuki added.

Ignoring everyone's comments, Kyo opened the fridge and grabbed the milk.

"Um, don't you want breakfast?" Tohru asked.

"Not hungry." He said.

After that, he walked towards the door, leaving everyone confused by his odd behavior. Glancing at him as he left, Amira frowned.

"I wonder what's up with him."

"I hope he's ok..." Tohru said.

"Well, he can starve if he wants to." Yuki said.
___

That school day was certainly a unique one. The atmosphere was different than it usually was, and that's because it was...Valentines Day. Although, the real day technically landed on the weekend. But because there was no school, everyone was treating that morning as if it was. So of course when they arrived that morning, Amira expected that Yuki, out of everyone, would receive the most. But when Yuki opened his shoe locker, she was surprised to see that there was only one. And apparently, she wasn't the only one that was surprised.

"Huh." Hana said. "There's only one."

"What a letdown." Uotani said. "I figured the prince's locker would be filled to bursting."

"With what?" Yuki asked.

"Chocolates." Uotani replied. "I expected a whole avalanche of them to spill out.

"I believe I know what happened here." Hana said.

"You do?" Amira asked. "What?"

"I believe what we have here is known as the cuckoo phenomenon." She explained. "Just as a cuckoo will dump out the eggs of a shrikes nest to take it over, each girl tossed away the previous girls chocolate to draw attention to her own. She said. "Allow me to present exhibit A."

They all looked to where Hana was pointing too, and sure enough, the nearby trash can was bursting with colorfully wrapped chocolates.

"Wow..." Amira sweatdropped

"Your right!" Tohru exclaimed.

"Man that's low." Uotani said. "Even for the cuckoos."

"And I will be the hawk that swoops in to take the final sugary offering." Hana said as she took the chocolate from the locker.

"Shouldn't Yuki get some of the chocolate..." Tohru said.

"No it's fine." Yuki said.

Yuki seemed to be rather concerned by this revelation. Which did not surprise Amira. It was a sad sight. All those chocolates gone to waste.

"Oh, by the way princess." Uotani spoke. "What about you?"

Looking away from Yuki, Amira looked at Uotani.