29-And Even Now...

"My name. It sounds special somehow...if you're the one saying it. When did that happen? If something will make you smile, I'd be willing to do it over and over again. When did I start thinking stupid, sappy things like that? And why? It's almost like...I'm...."
____

Amira was at the sink, washing dishes that afternoon. It was the second day Akito had been at the Annex, and Amira hadn't been caught escaping yet. She'd go in the mornings to see Akito, then once the meeting was done, she'd sneak back to Tohru and Kyo, and spend the rest of her day there. Though after seeing Isuzu, she had the encounter on her mind.

"Isuzu. I haven't seen her in so long. She doesn't look so well though...I wonder whats up with her these days..."

"How are things going here?" Shigure asked as he walked through the door.

"Great." Tohru said.

As Amira finished up the last of the dishes, she went over to them.

"I thought you were at the annex today."

"I was." He said. "But I forgot something. Kyo, your up."

He turned to look at Kyo, who was lounging on the couch. At the mention of his name, he looked up.

"What?"

"Akito has requested the dubious pleasure of your presence." Shigure said, turning back to Amira and Tohru. "I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to steal him for a little while."

"Huh?" Amira, Tohru, and Kyo said in unison.

"Wow, did you three coordinate that?" Shigure asked.

"Wait hold on." Kyo said, getting up and walking to Shigure. "If I go then..."

"I can't believe it!" Tohru smiled. "The cat gets to be included like the others."

Looking over at Kyo, Amira smiled.

"Im happy for you." Amira said, walking to him.

His face softened, and he lightly tapped her on the head with his fist.

"I wont be long." He smiled. "Stay out of trouble."

"Alright." Amira smiled. "See you later."

As Kyo walked towards the door, Shigure spoke.

"See?" He said. "Even she's happy."

"Well I'm not." Kyo said. "You know its a trap too, so shut up."

"Ooh, so scary." Shigure said. "Are you ever nice to anyone besides Amira?"

Kyo looked back over at Amira, who was still smiling softly.

As he left, he smile faded. So she went to the balcony, where she looked out over the land surrounding the house.

"I won't be long. Stay out of trouble."

"I'm worried. I can't help but feel like...it's a trap. I know it is...but what's worse..."

"Your a good girl. I believe that. A perfect little Angel. So if you just stay that way, no one has to get hurt. Not even you."

Amira trembled.

"There's so little I can do from here. And that...scares me. But...I have to do something. It may be useless, but all I can do..."

She clasped her hands together, and closed her eyes.

"Is make a wish. I wish...that Kyo comes back. Happy...and unharmed...with a smile. Please..."