35-Maybe Someday, I Will.

It was a pretty normal day that school afternoon. But already, Amira had found that it was mid fall. And that meant the culture festival was fast approaching. And so, the preparations had to begin. Though this time around, instead of a rice ball stand, their class was putting on a play. After doing a class vote, and tallying them, that day, the play was decided.

"Alright, it's settled then." Yuki said. "We'll do Cinderella for our class play."

"We'll vote on roles tomorrow, so please consider your choices." Amira said. "And that's all we have for today."

The class was mostly silent after that. Amira couldn't tell if it was because they had mixed feelings about the play, or just that they were generally disinterested. Spotting Tohru, she walked over to her.

"Tohru." She said. "How do you feel about the play?"

"Excited!" Tohru smiled. "We get to bring an old fairytale to life. Fun! Right guys?"

As Tohru and Amira looked over at Uotani and Hanajima, they could not look less excited. While Hana looked generally disinterested, Uotani looked rather upset.

"I guess Cinderella wasn't your first choice, huh?"

"The votes have been cast, and our fate has been sealed." Hana said. "Accept it."

"This is lame. I was hoping for a historical play!" Uotani said. "We should've done something cool, like Mito Komen. I wanted to be the one to whip out the seal box!

"Oh, it was Suke right?" Tohru pointed out.

But seriously, Cinderella? It's not like we're in elementary school people! Cmon!"

"Did you want to reveal the seal box that badly?" Hana said.

"Oh, sorry..." Tohru said. "But hey! At least finding out the roles tomorrow should be fun!"

"Yeah actually." Amira said. "I'm curious about who will be chosen."

"I think we all know who the prince and princess will be." Uotani said. "The prince will play the prince, and of course, you'll be the princess, as the princess."

"I wouldn't be so sure." Amira said.

Yuki then approached them.

"Actually, I don't plan to accept any of the bigger roles. Student council is enough to deal with on top of everything else."

"Oh right, I forgot to mention that." Amira sighed. "The festival is always super busy for the council. We still have a lot of planning to do..."

"Guess being the president and vice president are tough gigs." Uotani said.

Suddenly, Kakeru came to the door.

"There they are. Yun-Yun! Mir-Mir! Your going to be late for the meeting!"

Amira paled and sighed.

"You have no idea..."
____

"Honestly, when are you two gonna get cell phones?" Kakeru asked.

"You use it that much?" Yuki asked. "Really?"

"Yeah, all the time." Kakeru said.

"I need a parent to sign to contract for me though." Yuki said.

"And?" Kakeru asked. "What's the problem with that? Not on good terms with them?"

Amira walked silently by them.

"No, it's more like...I dunno. I guess, our relationship is like a shirt buttoned wrong." Yuki said.

"That's it!" Kakeru said. "That makes total sense!