43- That's Not Good Enough.

"Amira, your home!"

As soon as Amira walked in the door, she was greeted with the sight of six familiar people gathered in the living room.

"Yeah, I took an extra detour after student council." Amira said. "Didn't know there would be extra guests in the house today."

"Amira!"

Amira suddenly felt someone hug her arm. Two big golden eyes peered up at her, and she realized it was Kisa.

"Kisa. You've grown up so much since I last saw you. Your taller."

"Yeah." Kisa giggled.

"How's middle school? Are things better there?"

"Mhm!" Kisa smiled. "Everyone's a lot nicer, and they don't seem to mind me anymore."

Amira smiled. It had been a year since they had found Kisa in the bushes after she had run away from home. She was glad that it was all in the past for her now.

"That's wonderful. Im glad..."

"What are you planning?!"

Amira turned to see Hiro and Yuki's bewildered faces. Looking at the scene, it didn't take her long to figure out what was going on. Haru knocked his fist on the table as if he was planning to use the table as a grill.

"A well grilled steak."

"It's what's for dinner." Momiji said.

"I better check out what was going on before the house gets burned down."

"Morons." Hiro said. "At this rate, we'll starve."

Amira walked over to Haru and sighed.

"Whatever we do for dinner, can it please not involve property damage? Ive seen Shigure cry over a broken door, so I can't imagine what he'll do if we burn his table."

"I vote...curry." Yuki said.

"Good idea." Amira replied. "There's a big pot under the sink we can use, and the rice cooker is clean, so that's perfect."

After that, the others started heading for the kitchen.

"Problem solved." Tohru smiled.

But as she looked over at Amira, she noticed she looked worried. She was frowning to herself, as if something was bothering her.

"Amira? What's wrong?" Tohru asked.

"Hm? What do you mean?"

"You look worried."

"Ah...well..."

Amira looked off to the side with a nervous look.

"It's just...Kyo isn't here that's all. I wouldn't want him to miss out on all the fun. Is he home? Maybe someone should..."

"Don't worry. I'll go get him."

As Amira watched Momiji walk up the stairs, she still couldn't shake the nervous look off her face, which alerted both Tohru and Kisa.

"Hey..."

Hiro stood at the kitchen door, looking over at Amira, who was trying to reassure Tohru and Kisa not to worry.

"Do you think...Kyo is in love with her?

Yuki sighed.

"Even a middle schooler figured it out."

"What, he can't be in love?" Hatsuharu said.

"W...well I mean...he's the cat. So..."

Yuki and Haru just stared at him.