Chapter 9: Sexting 13+

Three weeks ago, when Izuku had been asked to cover a night patrol for a couple weeks for another hero in the agency, he'd jumped at the chance. As with all things, there were pros and cons to night patrols. Night patrol tended to be more active, more exciting. It was a good opportunity to boost ranking, because there was more criminal activity, but it was harder to interact with the public. It was quieter in some regards, less chit chat during the quiet times between arrests, but could be lonely as well.

For Midoriya and Bakugou, getting a night patrol allowed for a bit of space, a break from the other as their schedules became opposites. Time alone in their home to do as they pleased was usually treasured, even if the two did get along these days.

Now though, as hero Deku patrolled, he found himself frequently thinking back to the blond, wondering if his day had gone well, if he'd eaten a good meal, if he'd taken time to socialize and relax. It was only night four of the ten he'd agreed to cover, but he found himself missing the other man in a way he hadn't before. It'd only been four days. It wasn't as if they hadn't seen each other at all, but Izuku was arriving home when Katsuki was leaving and vice versa. The had time for little more than quick, exhausted greetings.

But then, maybe the space was good. The quirk was still active, still scratching at the back of his mind, not yet satiated but much easier to ignore with some distance from Bakugou. It gave the green haired hero time to think over the feelings that were threatening the easy, balanced relationship he had with his best friend. A relationship they had worked extraordinarily hard to have.

He'd thought sex would just be sex. That Katsuki would help him pin down a few embarrassing proclivities, then they'd both pretend it had never happened and return to their status quo. But Izuku didn't think he could just go back anymore. It wasn't even the sex, not that the sex was anything less than amazing, but Katsuki had become so... soft with him when they were alone. He gave strong, warm hugs and gentle, guiding touches with his hands. He checked in on Izuku more, texting even as Izuku had started the to the night shift. He kissed the top of Izuku's head and he had not only accepted Izuku's desires but eagerly participated.

Not once had he made Izuku feel shameful, strange, or... what had Ochako called him? Degenerate? (Physics)

Izuku frowned at the thought, it had been a long time since he thought about that sort of thing. Maybe that's what the quirk was holding out for. Would Katsuki... Izuku slapped his cheeks and shook his head. Physically trying to clear the thoughts away.

The night had been a slow one, now it was a little after two in the morning and he hadn't seen a single soul on the streets in well over an hour. Not even a stray cat to take to the nearby shelter. Tired of walking in circles, he made his way up one of the tall apartment buildings that he knew residents kept patio furniture on the roof of.

Dragging a chair near the walled off ledge of the building, he made himself comfortable. He was due for a break anyway. He checked in with his agency via his comm, let them know he'd be settling in a watch spot for a little while. The tech gave a tired affirmative and the line went silent.

Pulling his phone from his pocket, Izuku scrolled social media, reviewing his friends' feeds and liking their posts. He replied to one of Katsuki's snarky comments, leaving a stupid GIF an angry looking fish. His phone vibrated and chimed in his hand, admittedly startling him. He smiled when he saw the name.

 He smiled when he saw the name