Chapter 26: Body Worship

Katsuki had just returned to the agency for his last patrol when his phone started an incessant chiming as notifications began to stream in. He opened his phone to find his friends had formed a new group chat.

[Ashido:] WHAT THE FUCK BAKUGOU?
[Kaminari:] yeah, dude, wtf man?
[Kirishima:] what happened?
[Ashido:] Bakugou signed his own death warrant is what happened
[Kaminari:] hold on, I'mma call you

There was a few minute pause in delivery time. Katsuki thought perhaps they'd drop it and then his phone chimed again.

[Kirishima:] Seriously what were you thinking?

[Me:] What did I do this time?

[Kaminari:] Izuku asked Ashido and I about what happened last night
[Ashido:] I'm gonna kick your ass so hard you won't shit for a week!
[Kirishima:] I'm not even helping you with this one dude

[Me:] Izuku wasn't even mad at me when we left for work this morning
[Me:] Idiots

[Ashido:] Oh, he is now, trust me
[Ashido:] he is new to this shit!

[Me:] WTF did you tell him?

[Ashido:] That you should have negotiated that shit!
[Ashido:] that even without safewording you should have seen he was panicking
[Ashido:] That you're an asshole
[Kaminari:] Hitoshi has asked me to inform you that he'll be having you kick your own ass next time he sees you

[Me:] It was harmless, not like he could get hurt

[Ashido:] NOT THE POINT
[Ashido:] That was a violation of trust!
[Kaminari:] Gotta agree with the lady on this one
[Kirishima:] ...
[Kirishima:] okay, but like really... how did that even happen?

Katsuki groaned in annoyance and pinched the bridge of his nose. So maybe Ashido was right, he'd way overstepped. He owed Izuku an apology and an in depth conversation. He reread Ashido's rant and grimaced.

[Me:] You're right
[Me:] I'll talk to him

[Ashido:] better be the best apology I've ever heard of in my life
[Kaminari:] get him flowers and chocolate and that new all might documentary that just went on sale
[Ashido:] Don't help him!! He's in trouble!
[Kaminari:] oops

########

When he got home—flowers, chocolate, and the new All Might documentary in hand—he found Izuku pacing in their living room, talking on the phone, hand running through his hair so that the curls were unkempt and frizzy.

"No," he sighed, "I have no idea where to even start looking. I was hoping you knew an agent or, I dunno, a vacancy somewhere."

Katsuki furrowed his eyebrows, the word 'vacancy' capturing his attention.

"I know, yeah," Izuku continued, "I just wasn't ready for this at all. Who were the movers you said the neighbor used? You said they got everything boxed really fast."

The blond thought he might vomit. Was Izuku seriously talking about moving out? He stepped further into the living room, having removed his boots faster than normal, and quietly placed the little bouquet and other gifts onto the coffee table. He bit his lip and stared at Izuku; he wasn't sure the other had even noticed he was home.

Izuku turned suddenly, a heavy sigh as he rubbed his free hand down his face. Then he spotted Katsuki and the blond couldn't deny the glare that was sent his way. "Okay mom, thanks," he said, "Kacchan just got home. I need to talk to him about all this. Love you too, mom."