1: Breaking News! My Girlfriend's An Arse!

New Year's Eve is just meant for heartbreak.

Watching Liliana skip away as the clock neared 12 broke my heart. But watching her get into the arms of another threw my broken heart into the shredder and then lastly the disintegrator. And not just any girl as a matter of fact; She got into the arms of my ex best friend. Great.

Not only did Sofia steal my flow, she stole my girl too.

I walked over to the far end of the field, vigorously avoiding couples kissing and making out. I stopped and saw Kaitlyn making out with her boyfriend, parting briefly and giving me the finger before continuing again. I sighed, crouching down as I tried to hide my embarrassment from Kaitlyn, who was busy sucking the face off of her lover. That could've been me right now. It should've been me. But hey, relationships aren't for everyone.

Or maybe they're just not for me right now.

"Maybe I'm just meant to die alone," I said, moving away from another couple, downing the rest of the alcohol. I looked at the empty cup in disappointment, throwing it to the ground. "Can this year get any worse?"

"Watch where you're going!"

A girl bumped into me, dropping her popcorn. We both cursed as the kernels littered the green lawn, our eyes glued to the ground. She clicked her tongue at me while crouching, trying to get some of the popcorn back into the bag. Unsuccessful, she stood up, throwing the stray popcorn kernel she forgot to put back.

"Not the popcorn, that was the only thing keeping me sane," She groaned, and then looked up to glare at me. "Have you ever heard of walking properly?"

"Have you ever heard of minding your own business?" I scoffed, fixing my jeans. "I was about to say sorry but I guess you don't need one, your popcorn took that fall for you."

"I paid $3.99 for that, you know," she muttered. "The least you could do is apologise, or even get me some more."

"I don't have that kind of money."

"You don't have four dollars?"

"I told you I don't have that kind of money, can you get a grip on yourself?" I retorted.

"And I do? Have you looked at me?"

And that's when I actually did look at her.

Her skin was copper brown, like a windfall autumn leaf. She had dazzling, walnut brown eyes and half moon cheekbones. Her hair was coral black, and crashed over her shoulders, curls tight and bouncy. She had pouty, two toned lips that looked softer than my mom's marshmallows at the local bakery she owns here in Willowvale. To avoid staring at her face too much, I looked at her outfit to distract me from her smouldering beauty.

And her outfit just stunned me even more.

She had a pair of black shorts and a white vest on, a leather jacket paired on top. I looked down at her feet and noticed her black combat boots, her white socks soaring a little above the shoes as if asking to be seen.  I continued to stare at her outfit before she snapped her fingers at me.

"My eyes are up here, kid." She waved a hand in my face, and I stared into her eyes, watching her thick bushy eyebrows furrow a bit.

"Right, I'm sorry." Trying to step up my non-existent game, I took a step towards her, but she took one back, holding her hands up.

"Hey, you're still a stranger and you look like you're about to abduct me. Back up," she said, taking out her phone.

"I'm Kendall, I guess we aren't strangers anymore?" I tried winking, but it must have been terrible because she stifled a laugh.