34: Let My Baby Stay

"Well, well, well." Kaitlyn cooed as we walked into her hostel room hand in hand. "What did I tell you?"

"I know what you're thinking, but no," I lied, pulling Yas closer to me. "It's a friendship."

"So you're not trying to verify our relationship in front of your sister?" She flicked my forehead. "Weirdo."

"No need to verify anything, I can see it in your eyes." She squinted at me. "Congratulations for finally putting Kendall in her place."

"Hey!"

"My bad; thank you for humbling Kendall. This girl has been a problem ever since she was born," Kait joked, ruffling my hair a bit. "Come on kiddo, admit it."

Yasmina stared at us warmly. "I guess this is my cue to leave now, isn't it?"

"No," Kait and I said at the same time.

"I'm not done gushing over you two yet," Kait admitted. "You know, before this happened Kennie couldn't stop talking about you and fantasizing about you two being together."

"That's not true." I looked away from a smug Yasmina. "She's making that shit up."

"And she always used to tell me about how beautiful you look each passing day and how much she'd love to get in your pants soon."

"In her defense I've been wanting that for a while now," Yasmina looked me up and down. "I think it's time I leave you and Kendall to it. I can always see her afterwards."

Before I could say anything, Kait slapped a hand over my mouth. "Agreed. I have to study soon afterwards," Kait explained.

Yasmina furrowed her eyebrows a bit, then nodded. "Our room later?"

I forced myself to nod as Kait held me hostage. Once Yasmina left the room, she let go of me and I took her pillow, ready to throw it at her.

"Don't you dare," she threatened.
Scared, I dropped the pillow. "Why'd you do that?"

"Because there's something we need to talk about; sit." I obeyed her, and sat on her bed. "Have you told Sofia and Audrey yet?"

"Told them what?"

"That you're actually dating now?"

"I don't think that's something I can say, sis. I mean, we already convinced them so hard. Why would I want to mess up and tell them that we're now a real couple?"

Kait sighed. "Okay, let me rephrase; have you and Yasmina talked about what to do next about Sofia and Audrey? I don't trust them."

"Since when were you so invested in this?"

"Since you told them that you're a couple when you were barely friends," she said. "Audrey is cunning, so if any information gets out about you two lying about being together then that could decrease your popularity with the students."

"That won't matter when I'm a prefect," I replied proudly. "I don't have to be popular to be in charge."
Kait chuckled dryly, then shook her head. "I don't know about you, but if I was a junior…I wouldn't want a liar in charge of me." She then gave me a pat on the back. "Make sure no one finds out about this."

***

I spent the rest of the school  day thinking about what Kait said. She had a point; if anyone found out about what I did then it would ruin my chances of being a respected prefect, or possibly even head girl. The plan was to become a prefect, but now the plan is to become a respected prefect as well as a loving and kind girlfriend.

That doesn't sound so hard, right?
I spread the chocolate bars that I stole from Kaitlyn's jar on my bed neatly, my laptop charging in the corner. This is the best idea of a school date that I could come up with; a movie, chocolates and some juice to go with it. She's downstairs at the moment, and when she gets upstairs…she'll be in for the shock of her life.