27: Bi Panic

"I guess I only realized that I was into girls and guys after the seventh grade, you know, when Ashley kissed me," Yasmina said, kicking her feet against her bed while fiddling with my pen. "But I was still attracted to guys too. James from eighth grade had my whole heart." She laughed, then threw her pen at me. "When did you know?"

I smiled at her, reminiscing on my sixth grade prom. "Crystal; the first girl I ever kissed. We were at a slumber party and I played spin the bottle with her, hoping she'd kiss me. She wanted me to do it instead though, so when I finally kissed her, that's when I knew that I wasn't into boys."

"What type of kiss did she give you? A French one? I'm sure you didn't determine that you liked girls at that moment," Yasmina pointed out.

"I mean, I did have some suspicion once I started getting closer to Crystal. We were friends for a while until she moved away in seventh grade. I wouldn't call her my first girlfriend, but I'd call her someone that I really liked."

"Different from Liliana, right?" She smiled at me.

"I guess you could say that," I replied, refraining from changing Liliana's name to Yasmina. "It's crazy actually; how friendships and relationships evolve over time. I never thought I'd be here calling Liliana an acquaintance, Sofia an enemy, and you a…"

"A girl that you kissed on New Year's," she finished for me, throwing the pen back at me. "That started the cycle of endless drama with your enemies."

"I'm still sorry about that."

"That's okay," she muttered, sitting cross-legged. "When I think back on it, I wouldn't have it any other way."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I mean, if I hadn't met you this year would've been boring as fuck."

"I'm still sure we would've met."

"How do you know?"

"Because I have an eye for good taste." I blocked the pillow she threw at me. "I didn't lie."

"Remember when you weren't such a big flirt?" She walked over to me. "I miss those days, can you revert back to the old Kendall?"

"But the old me was boring; she would've never swept you off your feet," I said, standing up. "She would've never gotten you a cupcake, you know."

"I'm sure you still would've gotten me one. You weren't heartless, Kendall."

"I wouldn't have known about your birthday."

"That would still be fine."

"And I wouldn't have asked you what I'm about to ask you now," I began, clearing my throat as my hand found itself by her waist. "Would you like to dance?"

Yasmina looked taken back by the question, but nonetheless, she nodded. "It's good practice, isn't it?"

"Practice for?"

"You'll see," she mumbled, touching my hand delicately, removing it from her waist and placing it by her neck. "It's better this way, you're a bit short."

"I'm not that short."

"But you are shorter than me, so you have to place your hands around my neck while I place mine on your waist." Her hands dropped down to my waist, and as her smooth palms met my clothed waist, I melted. "Are you okay?"

"I am," I lied, clearing my throat and quickly removing myself from the situation. "I should put on some music. Are you into Little Mix?"

"Who isn't?" She chuckled. "We have a few minutes till my mom gets here to take me home, so make it quick."