6: FBI Things

"You're some fucking idiots," Isabella reprimanded Yas and I on Monday. "What if Sofia told someone?"

"Don't you think the school would have known by now?" I fired back, closing my locker. "I think she's embarrassed or something, she was talking about us."

"But why would she keep this from the school?" Yasmina questioned. "She's practically the it girl here."

"Maybe she wants to fix things,"

Isabella suggested. "See, Kennie? I'm sure she cares."

"Whatever." I waved Harry over. "It's over now, no one needs to talk about it."

"Talk about what?" Harry asked, blowing Yas and Isa a kiss.

"Can I talk to you in private?" I sighed.

"Wow, you're really going to ignore the people that were here first and–"

I ignored them and dragged Harry away, mouthing an apology at the girls.

Harry was known for being the guy with all the school's gossip. If Harry didn't know, then no one knew.  If he didn't confirm anything, nothing happened. It's like he has a sixth sense, or maybe the students trust him that much. If the students trust him that much, he'll make a great headboy, that is, if he's accepted.

"What? I wanted to talk to Yas." He wriggled his eyebrows.

"What did we say about flirting with my friends?" I punched him.

"I forgot, okay? She's pretty cute and I think I have a chance," he raved on. "What do you think?"

"I think you should move on. She's sort of taken." I flicked my hair.

"By you? I beg to differ." He poked me. "She doesn't seem to like you like that."

"Then why would she kiss me?" I asked, hushing him as he gasped. "This stays between us."

"So Sofia was right, there is something going on between you two!" He hollered, and I hushed him again.

"What did she say to you?"

"Well–"

The bell rang for assembly, cutting out conversation short. He shrugged and walked away, while I walked back to the girls, who were deep in conversation.

"I hope your gossiping was worth it, now we have assembly," Isabella complained. "Come on now, we have to go."

Isabella led the way while Yasmina and I trailed behind, following her. Before we entered the hall, I stopped Yas.

"What? We have to get inside," she urged.

"Sofia said something about us," I replied, patting Yasmina's back. "She's planning something."

***

"What could she possibly be planning?" I mumbled, skimming through my notes. I threw the history book on the floor. "God, this is so hard."

"I don't think you should be studying while figuring out how Sofia knew about us," Yasmina muttered.

"She doesn't know about us, Yas. At least what we did before," I corrected myself, removing my tie. "Harry told me that she's been spreading lies about us; Harry never lies, and the way Sofia looked at me during dinner just confirmed it."

The rest of the day dragged on, but the thought of Sofia being messy again stayed on my mind. It had been a while since I was involved in anything dramatic, and to be honest, I rather it stay that way. If it can't, I don't want Yasmina to be involved in any of the issues; the problems between Sofia and I have nothing to do with Yas, therefore she doesn't deserve to get caught up in the mess.