35: Room-mates Don't Kiss

"Are you coming? We have to study for our exams, Yas," I called out to her from the hallway, leaving the door to our room wide open.

She trudged down the halls, her bag slung over her shoulder. "I don't think we'll be able to get any studying done."

"What? Why?"

She got inside our room and forced the door shut, unbuttoning my shirt. "What you did at assembly wasn't cool. You purposely slid your hand in my pants, Kendall."

"My bad," I replied, placing two fingers on the inside of one of her thighs when she gazed at me. "Is this my punishment? You pinning me against the door?"

She grabbed both my hands and pinned them above my head. "You mean like this?"

I smirked as she leaned in a little closer. "Room-mates don't kiss Miss Thompson," I mocked her.

She shook her head. "You're right." She let go of me, taking a few steps back.

"What?" I reached for her hand and pulled her back, her body crashing into mine. She took the opportunity to lift me up, my back against the door firmly as she stared into my eyes. "I did not see this coming."

"Of course you didn't, that's why I did it." She then walked to my bed and threw me on it. "Room-mates don't kiss, Kennie."

"You wanted to kiss me a few seconds ago."

"That's a lie."

"Nothando…"

"Come here and talk to me directly," she said, whistling.  "I want to show you something."

Without hesitation,  I walked over to her standing in front of her. She began to loosen my tie, untying it as I removed my hair tie, my curly hair being set free from its clutches.  Yasmina then unbuttoned the rest of my white shirt, my chest on display as she gazed at my black bra.

"I prefer the hello kitty one," she quipped, helping me remove my shirt.

"Why?"

"Because it was unpredictable. You're unpredictable," she answered as I helped her loosen her own tie.

"And you like that?"

"Sometimes." She shrugged. "What if someone walks in on us?"

"Well let's pray that no one does," I whispered, throwing her tie in the corner. "How do you even explain this?"

"Two girls helping each other change," Yasmina joked, creating space on the bed for me. "I mean that's a fair excuse."

"Sure it is," I replied, holding her hand. "I hope you trust me."

"We wouldn't be doing this if I didn't."
I nodded, kneeling on her bed. She did the same, her hands resting on my thighs as I gave her a soft kiss on her lips, my hands delicately wrapped around her neck. Her fingers traced up my skin softly, one finger grazing against the hem of my panties. I stifled a moan as she tried to remove my panties, our French kissing hitting a new high with her biting my lower lip.

"Hey guys can you—fuck!"

I screamed as Yasmina shoved me off the bed and I hit the floor, my back breaking my fall expeditiously. I glanced at Isabella, who had her eyes shut as she threw my textbook at me.
"Can you knock next time? The door was closed for a reason!" Yasmina yelled, covering herself.

"I didn't know you two were…oh my God you were—Jesus Christ were you two about to fuck before prep?" Isabella's eyes widened. "What happened to fake dating?"

"We're dating now."

"Since when?"

"Saturday?" I looked at Yas for confirmation. "Saturday morning."

Isabella threw her hands up in the air. "What else don't I know?"

"Yasmina smells like honey dew," I said, winking at Yas.

"Thank the body shop for that," she answered.

"Kendall, what is going on?" Isabella asked me as I stood up, picking up my shirt.

"Isa, you can't tell a single soul about what you just saw," I pleaded with her. "Not a soul."

"Well I don't think this is something to tell," she muttered. "Now tell me what the fuck is going on here.
"
"We were just talking," Yasmina muttered.

"With your lips?" She scoffed.

"Okay, fine. We were…"

"About to chill before prep time," I said, covering for Yasmina. "I thought it would be best if my girlfriend relaxed before she studies her ass off for these exams. I heard Miss Verne isn't being nice to any of us grade 11s."

"Maybe a little too nice," Isa snickered. "So, who said it first?"
"Said what?"

"You know what I mean." She winked at me and I quickly covered Yasmina, earning a chuckle from Isabella. "We're girls, Kendall. We shower in the same showers for Christ sake."

"That doesn't mean you can see her naked like this. Especially when we were about to–"

"You know what? I don't want to hear it." She covered her ears and closed her eyes. "I just came to say prep is in a few minutes, so hurry up and get your shit in order; you're on duty today."

"Fuck, I'm on duty? How?"

"Joanna was on duty on Thursday, so it's your turn to watch the juniors," Isabella explained. "Instead, the acting prefect was busy fucking her girlfriend minutes before studying."

"You'd do the same if Chris was here," I pointed out.

"Probably even faster than us," Yasmina added. "We'll be down in a minute."

Isabella nodded, opened her eyes then scurried out of our room. I turned to Yas, who began unbuttoning her shirt again as I stood. Maybe doing this before prep wasn't the best idea, but I didn't care; better late or never.

"Yas?"

She finished tying her tie again, and glanced at me. "Yeah?"

I pouted. "Just a few more minutes?"

She chuckled, nodding her head a bit. "I'm sure they wouldn't mind us being late."

***

Once the bell rang for the end of prep, I packed up my things and put them in the bag as the juniors filed out of the classrooms. I took a deep breath and stood up, looking at the empty desks. One day, I'll be in charge of these kids, and when that day comes, I'll be the happiest I've ever been.
There's only two weeks left to find out who the prefects of 2026 are going to be, and at this point I don't even care if I'm above Sofia or Audrey anymore. The only thing that matters to me at the moment is who the prefects are going to be, and if I was going to be one of them.

I closed my eyes as Yasmina wrapped her arms around my waist, hugging me from behind. I grinned as she kissed my cheek, swaying me back and forth while I stared at the class again. It might not be much to her, but in this moment, I felt like I was in heaven as she held me. I guess that's a common feeling you have when you're in love; the feeling of being safe with the person you love.

I'm in love with Yasmina.

"What?" She whispered.

I looked at her briefly, her face painted with concern. Instead, I just shook my head as she looked at the class, pulling me even closer. Maybe this is what love truly feels like; maybe this is the person I've been waiting for. And maybe, just maybe, she's the one I'm willing to be with after this whole fiasco ends.

When I do put an end to it.

"Nothing," I reassured her. "Absolutely nothing."