16: Kendall's Got A Crush

Isa and I sped back to the changing room, sitting on the benches as we began to unlace our roller-skates. After an amazing weekend with Yasmina and an even better week for all of us, Isa and I thought it was best to spend some time together. We had been so occupied with our real and fake relationships that we forgot to spend time together, mainly alone. Every two weeks, Isa, Sofia and I used to come here to skate, eat and have a spa day. It was our way of relaxing with each other while respecting everyone's activities, and if you knew anything about Sofia, it was that she always opted for the spa at the end of the day. Now that it's just down to Isabella and I, we just skate, eat, walk around and go home.

Sounds boring, but neither of us would choose a spa over skating.

"Thank God this term is almost over, I'm tired of learning," she explained. "Can you believe what Miss Verne did to me in Spanish class yesterday? She wanted to make me read my essay in front of the whole class!"

"Well, did you?"

"Of course not, I asked Christian to read his instead." I groaned. "What? He offered anyway."

"Stop abusing that man, he's the only one we got," I joked.

"Oh please, at least I'm not fake dating him like someone is doing to Yasmina," she shot back, her smile fading once she saw my face. "Hey, I was kidding. You know that…right?"

"Yeah, of course…"

"Then why did you look at me like that?"

"I didn't look at you in any way, Isa," I murmured.

Isabella's eyebrows furrowed. "Kendall, you looked so bothered by the mere mention of me bringing up your fake relationship with Yasmina. Unless…it's not fake."

I remained silent, removing the rest of my skates and setting them aside. When I was done, I looked back at Isa, who was analyzing me. "What?" I asked.

"It's not fake, is it?"

"It is."

"Then why are you—" a hand flew up to her mouth and her eyes widened. "Oh my God, you like her, don't you?"

"I…"

She shook me in excitement, a wide grin on her face. "Kendall is finally getting over Liliana! Thank the heavens."

"What—"

"You know, I never liked Liliana," Isabella added. "She was too…preppy. I understand that she's a cheerleader and all but, you two never made it work. You never had that chemistry, you know? But you and Yas? It's evident. Especially on New Year's. Gosh, Kendall, I never knew you were into taller women." She wriggled her eyebrows.

"Isabella," I said, holding her gently. "Why are you only saying this about Liliana after we broke up?"

"Because I'm your friend, of course I'm not going to ruin your relationship, even if it looked like it sucked." She laughed. "Even if I told you this, you wouldn't listen considering how whipped you get over any girl you have the slightest crush on."

"Not true."

Baffled, she rolled her eyes. "Remember Nina in grade 9?"

I huffed. "She liked me too."

"All she did was take your paper from the desk."

"Well—"

"And it was after a test, idiot, you had the highest mark and she wanted to copy corrections off of it, just like everyone did!” she shook her head, punching me lightly. “My God, the bi panic you had right in front of her scared that girl half to death.”