3: On Tuesdays, We Cause Trouble

"Who would have thought we'd have all these new people?" Isabella whispered in my ear as we waited in the breakfast line.

"I'm new too," I heard Yasmina mutter.

"Right, sorry." The line moved a bit. "There are more newbies than originals here."

"It's scary," I replied, taking an apple from the tray. "Oatmeal today, Mrs Barker?"

Mrs Barker slapped the oatmeal into the bowl. "It's the start of the year, Kendall, what do you think?"

I took that as an answer and walked over to an empty table, officially claiming it as the senior table. That's what we do every year; one person 'claims' a table for their grade, securing it for the rest of the year. When I finally sat down, I saw Christian sitting as well. He glanced at me and grinned, nodding a little. I smiled back, stirring the oats as I waited for the other girls to show up.
As a mixed school we had meals with the boys, the only difference is that they sat on one side of the dining hall while we sat on the other, a white line dividing the hall into two, a line that should never be crossed. Cross that line, and you'll probably explode or something, I can't tell.

Isabella joined me, grinning. "Are you excited for the activities this year? I heard that the seniors are going to try and be better than the ones from last year."

"If we can survive Mr Berkeley's English class then I might enjoy this year." I sighed, eating some of the oats.

My eyes drifted to the breakfast line as I noticed Yasmina talking to another supposed senior. She laughed, taking the food and looking around. I raised my hand, waiting for her to notice. She did, and quickly made her way towards us, the girl she was talking to trailing behind her. When they both got here, Yasmina sat beside Isabella while the other girl sat next to me.

"Guys, this is Lynn, she's new here too," Yasmina said, an air of relief in her tone.

Lynn was a tan skinned girl with beautiful, thick curls tied up into a neat bun on her head. She had a small nose that sat perfectly on her tiny face, bushy eyes that accentuated her small rounded eyes, and dimples. She looked at me once she noticed me staring, and I gave her a little side hug.

"I'm Kendall, this is Isabella." I nodded.

Isa raised her hand to signal another senior; a tall, dark skinned female. She walked over to us and sat next to Yasmina nodding at her.

"I'm Joanna," she announced, her voice strong and bold.

After some small talk with each other, Isabella tapped my tray a bit, causing me to stare at her. "What?"

"Here she comes." She murmured.

"Who?"

"Sofia Allen," I replied.

Sofia and I locked eyes, a small smirk growing on her face as she picked up her tray. Her long blonde hair was tied in a low ponytail, her face on full display. She waited beside the lunch ladies, supposedly for someone. And when I took my eyes off her to see the next person, my jaw dropped.

"Kennie, are you okay?" Yasmina asked.

But I was too busy ogling my ex-girlfriend.

Liliana walked behind Sofia cautiously, as if she was afraid of someone. Hopefully not me, but if she's afraid of me then what fucks should I give anyway? I'm not the one that dumped her on New Year's Eve for an ass crack like Sofia.

Sofia sat on the head of the table while I looked at Liliana, who didn't want to sit on the tail of it. I gave her a smile and stood up, getting out of my seat to sit on the head. Half the girls looked at me shocked, but I didn't care, I just needed a reason to sit closer to Yasmina anyway.
And I needed a reason to glare at Sofia Allen, the girlfriend stealing ass bi—