1.

Royal                TheWattys

"You're nothing but a liar!" My mother yelled. Another endless night of my parents fighting, I slowly got up and went downstairs.

"Nobody's lying but you Stephanie!" My dad yelled back. he had veins in his neck by now.

"You know what? Me and Royal are leaving I can't stand you or you're little girlfriend." my mom said storming into the hallway

I looked at her and let the tears, fall our family was supposed to be perfect we're better than everybody.

"Royal wait!" My mom yelled

I woke up and noticed we were still on the road, I sighed and looked out the window. That dream always replays in my head... I just can't believe my parents aren't together anymore.

"How far are we?" I asked not looking at my mother. Even though I know my dad cheated, I just wish she could've stayed and worked it out.

"We're almost there.. look Royal I'm sorry." she said.

"Mom, why couldn't y'all work things out." I said in tears

"Royal you're only sixteen, you'll never understand the things I went through." she said

"I guess I won't mom." I said laying back in my seat, I closed my eyes and fell asleep

-

"Royal wake up we're here." my mom said shaking me,I woke up and saw this nice house.

"Mom this is beautiful." I said, getting out the car and running Into the house.

"You like?" She said. Chuckling a little, I smiled and looked at her.

"So which one is my room that you're going to teach me in?" I asked

"Royal this year I thought you could go to a public high school." my mouth dropped all my school years, I was home schooled.

"Mom I don't think that can happen." I said flipping my hair.

"Why not?" She asked

"Look, public schools are dirty and nasty, besides you let King finish High school being home schooled."

"You're not King and I wanna try something different."

"Different my ass mom this is complete bullshit!" I yelled

"Royal! You will not use that tone or language with me do you understand!" She yelled

"Whatever." I said going to the car and grabbing my boxes and heading to my room.

---

After a couple hours of unpacking I was settled in and was laying down listening to Alicia Keys. Listening to Alicia Keys always made me feel better. Especially when my parents would argue and think that me or King could hear them.

"Royal, look sweetie I'm sorry but I just won't have time to Home school you."

"I know mom i just don't think I'm going to like the outside world." I said

"Look just think about it.. there's a park down the street go meet some people and make friends." she said leaving

Meet people, make friends I thought I grabbed my phone and headed to the park, I went there and seen a whole mob of kids I went and sat down on a swing.

"Hey are you lost?" Some girl asked

"No." I said looking up and pushing my hair out of my face.