9.

Royal
(Excuse any mistake, Cairo in MM)

       "Ginger, is your actual mom." My dad said scratching the back of his head. I shook my head I walked inside. Lies after lies. I ran upstairs and started packing my clothes.

"Royal, where you going?" Jasmine asked I shook my head and tears fell. I wiped my eyes.

"I'm getting the f out of here. So many secrets. You got any?" I asked I know I was wrong for taking my anger out on Jasmine.

"Royal." Jasmine said she looked nervous. "I'm sorry baby."

"What? Jasmine I trusted you and then you go behind my back?" I grabbed my bag and walked out the room.

"Your dad hired us." Jasmine blurted out. I looked back in disgust I grabbed my things and walked out. I went downstairs and saw my dad and ginger still talking.

"Ro Boat , I'm sorry that you had to find out that way." My dad said trying to hug me , but I moved away for 16 years they've been lying to me about who my actual mother was.

"Where are you going?" Ginger asked I looked at her and shook my head .. I was going somewhere besides here. I walked out the house and called a cab I didn't know where I was going to go.. But I knew it had to be somewhere far away from here.

The cab pulled up and I started loading my bags up into the car , then I got in. "Where too?" The cab driver asked

"I have $40 if you just drive me around." I said crying .. He nodded his head , I checked my wallet and seen I had $400 dollars. What am I gonna do lord? I looked out the window and just looked at the sky.

"I can't go any further." The cab driver said I sighed and got out the car. I sat on a bench and checked my phone 4 messages from Jasmine , Ryder , Mariah and my dad. I was checking my phone when mariah car pulled up.

"Why, you left?" Mariah asked i sighed and got into her car.

"The lies , I couldn't take it anymore ... I just left I'm going to be on my own now soon as I find me a place to stay."I said Mariah looked down and placed her hand on mines.

"I'm here for you Royal." She said i smiled what am I going to do? I haven't even started working at Zaxbys ."how much money you have?"

"$400." I said she kissed her teeth. "That won't be enough will it.

"That'll be enough for an apartment , but food an furniture." She said I rubbed my head. What imma do lord? "Wanna apply for section 8?"

"Section 8?" I asked

"Women , who struggles to pay for something's gets help from the government . With housing and EBT." She said I scrunched my face up. "wait You have to be 18." I sighed

          "What am I gonna do?"

   "Come home babe , the obviously had a reason to keep it from you." Mariah said

          "Really? And hiring two people to play a special role in my life." Ahh Shit Ryder. What am I gonna do. Mariah shook her head and drove us home. I seen cops outside Really Dad?

"She's here." Ginger said coming up to me. I rolled my eyes and went inside everybody was in the living room.

"Royal I'm sorry honey." My dad said i knew he was serious he said Royal instead of Ro Boat I let tears fall.

"Really?!? The lies daddy I cannot continue to be in the f'd up family where the lies keep coming left and right. You hired to people , why?! I really was starting to like Ryder and Jasmine... The fact that we had to stoop so low for no damn reason. I'm 16 and old enough to know!!!!" I said crying

"Ro Boat , there's some things I do in order to protect you but I promise no more lies." That's A Lie. I shook my head and went upstairs. Jasmine came up behind me.

"What?!" I said she hugged me and grabbed her bags and left I laid back and thought about everything. I wonder if I would be better of six feet under. I was thinking so much I drifted off into a deep sleep.

-

"Royal." Mariah said shaking me I wiped my eyes and sat up

"What you need?" I asked I didn't mean to be like this but I'm still mad.

"Umm franklin invited me out and I was wondering if you wanted to come."She said

"Yeah I'll come come Riah give me a couple of minutes." I said getting up and taking care of my personal hygiene and getting dressed. I went downstairs and saw Riah I gave her and thumbs up and we went to her car.

Moments later we arrived at this restaurant Thank Goodness I got Dressed Up. We went inside and sat a booth until Franklin and some other dude showed up. "Franky." Riah said getting up and hugging him I gave him a head nod and checked my phone.

Ryder 😩😍🔐😊🔪 - I'm sorry everything happened the way it did but shit happens. My feelings were real ❤️ I did love you Royal the way your dad described you I knew I wanted the part. But everyday I felt guilty about what I did .. Please forgive me Princess i just don't want any bad blood between us. I think about you everyday and every hour. You were truly Royal 😋👑 I love you my queen 4/23 🔐 but I guess this is goodbye.

Tears slowly started rolling down my cheeks I look up and every one was looking at me. "You ok?" Mariah asked I wiped tears and shook my head yeah.

"Ayo G I'm bout to head out." The guy who Franklin brought with him said I got up to and went outside and started calling for taxis.

"You wanna ride?" The guy said I hesitated and shrugged my shoulders. "I'm Cairo." He said opening the door. I got into the car.

"I'm Royal." I said he nodded his head and buckled up. I gave him my address and he we ride in silence. He pulled up to my house and I got out. "Thanks Cairo." I said and went inside.

"Royal." Ginger said Gosh I Can't Wait Till Tomorrow I rolled and eyes and turned around.

"I'd really like to explain my self and why I did what I did." She said I smiled and went upstairs .. It's going to take more than some apologizes for me to forgive them. I laid down till my phone rang. King 😊👌 was Calling.

"Speak." I said my gut was telling me my brother knew about this.

"Hello to you rudeness." My brother said I rolled my eyes I really wanna see if he knew.

       "I'm sorry K I just found out Ginger is our mom." I said he looked around nervously. "You knew?"  He sighed

     "Ginger is your mom." He said I looked at the screen and dropped my phone I grabbed my pillow and screamed into it. "Royal." I hit the end button and laid down.

             King was my big brother my best friend the one I has when my dad wasn't around and for him to keep this a secret was dumb .. I'm just taking it all in.