6.

Royal

       (Excuse any mistakes.)

        "Royal!! Jasmine is here." My mom yelled I went downstairs.

       "Royal, I got a job." Jasmine said I hugged her.

           "Where? And how'd you get a job so quickly?" I asked

        "I work at Wendy's and my moms friend got me a hook up." She said jumping up and down.

             "That's so great." I really was happy for Jasmine and now I needed to do was take a little trip to Wendy's.

     "Ryder, still trying to make quick money.. He's been so down ever since my mom got fired." She said looking down

   "How bad is it?" I asked

    "We might get put out In a couple of days." She broke down and started crying.

          "I'm sorry Jasmine." I rubbed her back and comforted her the best I could.. I don't what it's like to be "struggling" without my dad me and my mom would struggle.

     "Sorry, Ro I need to go." She said getting up and walking out the house.

       "Royal, dinners read sweety." My mom said calling me I went into the kitchen sat down and ate .. I listened as my mother was on the phone  she was having a heated conversation.

        "This is bullshit!" My mother yelled and slammed her phone down.

"Mom?" I said looking up

      "Royal, I just lost my job." She said going upstairs, I her sobbing on the way.

        I stared down at my plate.. No way this was not happening. Put my head down and heard the front door open.

         "Ro ya boat." My brother King said patting me on the back .. I looked up and mugged him.

               "Hey King." I said Dryly I wasn't in the mood.. I can't believe my mother lost her job.

      "What's wrong?" He asked sitting down beside me.

"Mom lost her job"

           "You serious Ro?" He asked I saw veins popping out of his forehead. I shook my head.

           "I'm so upset King." I said crying into his chest. He patted me on the back but got up and left.

      I threw my food away and went upstairs I heard my mom sobbing on the phone.. I got up close an listened to the conversation.

   "Well, Jacob with my money I can afford to only take care of me." My mom said I clenched my teeth that selfish bitch.

   I ran to my room and slammed the door .. She wasn't even going to go and look for another job it's not the end of the world. She only cares about herself. How could she?

    I let the thoughts flow through my mind and I began crying. So what does that mean do I have to move to LA with my pops? Ryder!

    "Mom!" I yelled I started wiping my tears away. So much bad news in one day.. First Jasmine mom and now mine.

     "Yes Royal?" She asked entering my room wiping tears.

   "What's happening now?" She sighed and looked at the floor.

     "I have 400 dollars on me right now and saved up 2000 dollars .. I'm using half of the 400 to buy you a bus ticket."

    "Where am I going?" I asked

" To your dads he can provide for you Royal I can't. I have to do things for money now."

    "Ok, mom when do I leave?" I started sobbing I didn't wanna leave Jasmine and Ryder. I finally learn about the public world and going back to being sheltered.

"You leave tomorrow after school. I love you Ro and I hope you know I did what's best for you." She left and closed my door.

I sobbed and started packing up I didn't want to leave, as much as I hated my mother for bringing us down here. I enjoyed Washington. I eventually cried my self to sleep.

--
My alarm woke me up I went and took care of my hygiene I picked out my outfit and stacked my bags on top of each other.

I walked to school, I wasn't feeling like my normal self.. Felt like my whole world came crashing down. I walked up to school I saw Jasmine and Ryder pull up.

"Yo, Royal we would've picked you up why you ain't call?" Jasmine ask getting out of the car.

"Let me keep it real, I'm moving today after school... That would've been my last ride with y'all." I said staring at sun.

Jasmine gasped walked up to me and hugged me. I tried to stay strong until she broke down. Gosh I'm going to miss her.

"Princess, let me holler at you for a min." Ryder said I walked over to him wiping tears. He hugged me I cried in his arms.

"What we going to do Ryder?" He sighed and looked around.

"I don't know baby." He said he called me baby instead of Princess I know this move was bugging the hell out of him.

The school bell rang ... Snapping me out of my thoughts I didn't even want to be at school honestly.

"Let's go inside." Jasmine said I signed and went inside. Last day at Washington high.

--

"Let me drive you home." Jasmine offered I got into her car and she drove me home. I saw a bunch of men outside my house.

"Yo Ro......"

"I don't know." I said cutting off Jasmine she pulled up Into my drive. I got out waved good bye.

"Ma'am, you have one day left to pay rent." This guy said handing me a paper. Ah an eviction notice.

"Hey, could you tell your mom that she needs to come back to the reading club. We've missed her every morning."

"Funny. No my mom use to work every morning."

"No every morning, after she's done job hunting she come down to the reading club." The woman said

My mom was never working!! So what's her excuse for me moving up there with my dad? I stormed into the house and slammed my keys on the counter.

"Hey." My mom said looking in the refrigerator. I sighed

"You never had a job in the first place.. Did you?" I asked

"Nonsense Royal I just got fired."

"So you didn't go job hunting and to a book club every morning?" I asked she turned around and sighed

"Royal...." She look wide eyed and started crying I couldn't believe this.

"No need. I'm just ready to go b." I said going upstairs and grabbing my bags. I went downstairs "Let's go." I said going out of the house

    "Royal, I couldn't get a job." She said getting into the car. I nodded my head and put in my head phones.

       We pulled up to the bus station and I got my bags out and was loading them onto the bus.

      "I love you mi hija please be safe baby." My mother called I got onto the bus and sat down. I love you to mom I thought. Tears fell down my face.. Next stop LA.