12.

Royal

       (Please excuse Any mistakes.)

        "Royal..." Mariah whispered I woke up and saw it was 5:30 PM. My cramps had went away so I was fine.

"Wassup Riah?" I asked sitting up.

"Me , Franklin and Cairo going out want to come?" She asked I sighed and shook my head.

"Yeah let me get ready." I said she smiled and left. I went and took a shower and got dressed. I didn't wanna get to fancy cause I'm on my period and these cramps hurt. I went downstairs and saw everybody.

"Aww, come here baby." Cairo said walking up to me and hugging me. I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Cairo, I'm on my period." I whispered in his ear and laughed he quickly let go of me.

"Brah, let's go." He said I laughed and went outside to the car and sat in the back seat and balled up and plugged in my head phones and listened to Partynextdoor.

    A few minutes later we pulled up to Ruby Tuesdays. I turned and looked at Mariah. "He got fucking money." I laughed walking inside. We were seated and waited for our orders to be taken.

        "So how is everybody." Franklin said wrapping his around Mariah. I wanted to say fine but I thought About how my dad had lung cancer.

      "I'm fine, bout to graduated 2k15." Cairo yelled making everybody look at us I ducked and rolled my eyes ..

"I'm fine ..." Mariah said dryly Franklin looked at her weird but shrugged it off.. He was about to ask me when the waiter came.

"Ya'll ready to order?" She asked in the thick southern accent. We all nodded and gave her our orders. I felt my phone vibrate and seen a text from Cairo.

Cairo - you good? You've been silent ever since we got here.

I smiled I'm glad to see he was checking up on me.

Im fine I just received a lot of news in one week.

      Cairo - after we eat I got a place to take you. 😉

        I turned my screen off and sipped on my tea. A few minutes later we received our food and me and Mariah chomped down. I felt eyes on me I wiped my mouth and slightly smiled.

     "Ready, for school?" Franklin asked me I shook my head and smiled .. I was excited out to get out the house.

     "I'm ready to graduate too." They laughed we paid the bill and left. Me and Cairo took a cab.

            " What's wrong?" He asked me I forgot I told him about the bad new I sighed.

              "Yesterday, I received news that my dad has lung cancer.." I said Cairo hugged me and wrapped his arm me. I laid my head on his shoulder and started thinking.

                  - The cab stopped and I realized we were at the beach .. I smiled I loved going here with my mom and dad. Just putting our feet in the sand and gazing at the clouds. I opened the door and ran down to the beach. And fell into the sand and cried it's been a while since I've let it all out.

       "It's going to be ok Royal." He said sitting next to me and hugging me. I cried harder it's like everything all came back to me. I looked up at Cairo we was gazing at the stars. "You ok?" I shook my head yeah And wiped my tears.

        "Thank you." I whispered he smiled and look me in my eyes ... He leaned in to kiss me I closed my eyes. I felt his warm lips on mine.

                  "Let's go." He said grabbing my hand and leading me back to cab. We got in and rode in silence. I felt comfortable around Cairo. We pulled up to my house. "Night love." He said kissing me on my forehead. I smiled and got out.

            "Goodnight." I closed the door and walked inside and saw Mariah crying. I walked over to her and hugged her. "What's wrong?" I asked

            "I told Franklin .. I was pregnant and he stormed out." She said crying. I wiped her tears.

          "Maybe that was sign, you don't need him Riah." She smiled and wiped her tears. 

          "Where did you and Cairo go?" She asked cocking her eyebrow. I crossed my arm and laughed.

"To the beach and gazed at the stars.. It was amazing. Before I broke down." I said chuckling. She smiled

       "Go Royal , you need to be happy." I smiled and went to my dad room I knocked on the door.

     "It's open." He yelled I walked in and seen him reading. "Yes Ro-Boat."

     "Dad, I still can't believe you have lung cancer." I said trying to stop myself from crying.. He shook his head and took off his glasses. "But it's life and I just wanna pray right now dad."

     "Let's pray Ro-boat." He said I sat on the bed and grabbed his hand.

                - Dear Heavenly Father we come to you today, because my dad ( Jacob McCoy ) has lung cancer .. The next four months I want nothing but for you to be with him every step of the way. We thank you god for letting my dad see the next four months. Oh and god thank you for everything that you've done and that your going to do. In Jesus name we pray.

    I lifted my head up to see my dad crying. In all of years I've never seen him cry. I hugged him and started saying a silent prayer in my head.  Then I fell asleep.

---

latricedozier 💛