backstory

author note: this doesnt really go with the story but it's just a background to gabriella and her life etc. i kinda got carried away lmao but you can skip if you want to.

(if you haven't already, please read trigger warnings in the description)

~omniscient pov~

by the end of the week, she would be dead. gabriella was sure of it. she was tired of living like this. just a few months ago, she was locked up in a mental hospital to try and help her. if anything, it made things worse. listening to people screaming at things that weren't there, the countless sleepless nights, being forced to eat, were things she never wanted to experience again. she was never going back there even if they forced her. 'they' in question meaning her psychiatrist. she sent her there, and gabriella will never forgive her for that, even if she thought it was best for.
which it wasn't.

but, being at 'home' wasn't great either. 'home' consisted of 4 walls that housed her biological parents. her parents were always finding any way to shout at her. they didn't believe in mental illness. they didn't accept that gabriella had depression. but they were foreger on business trips that ironically lasted for months. so, when they were home, she was always out of the house. she just walked around on her own, since she had no friends. usually going to a park and doodling in her notebook. the park she went to was very quiet and no one really ever came to it. that's why she liked it.

making friends had always been a struggle for her. she never wanted to socialise at school, so people never talked to her. gabriella hated school anyway and didn't want to be there, so she didn't really give a fuck about what people thought of her.