18 ▪︎ the tree

am i alive..?

2 days earlier...

~billie~

the bell rang for the end of the day. thank god it's over. i'm one of the first people out and i start walking home. me and finneas are finishing the last few songs of the album today, i'm so excited.

as i get closer to my house, i see someone sitting against a tree. i walk a little closer and see that its gabby. so this is where she wondered off to earlier.

i walk up to her.
"hey gab" i say, sitting infront of her.
i think she fell asleep, so i shake her hardly to wake her up. she doesn't move, and i get worried.

i see a piece of paper resting in her pocket so i take it out and read it.

if you find this i'm sorry, but please don't blame yourself. goodbye.

fuck, i know exactly what she did. my thought seems to be correct when i see empty packets of paracetamol in her bag.

i check to see if she has a pulse.

nothing.

i panic and call finneas. he picks up after one ring.

"hey bil what's up?"
"fin i was walking home from school and i saw gabriella sat by a tree so i went to see her and i think she overdosed- no im certain she did, she doesn't have a pulse and i don't know what to do" i said really quickly.
"call an ambulance now" he replies.

i hang up before calling the ambulance.

a few minutes later they arrive and ask me what happened.
what am i supposed to say? i was walking home from school and found her passed out under a tree not breathing? that sounds like something from a movie or some shit.

"um i think she overdosed i'm not too sure" i said to the paramedic.

i watched at they lifted her onto the stretcher and into the ambulance. i decided to go home and put my bag down then drive to the hospital. i don't know how she'd react to me being there but i need to know that she's alive.

you see, i think i've fallen for her. i had some feelings for her when we were younger but i brushed it off. i only realized i was gay a year later. i hooked up with this bitch named scarlett. turns out she was using me for clout, so i ditched her. too right i did, she was abusive as fuck to say the least. i haven't dated anyone since.

but anyway back to gabby, i don't know how or why but i wanna be with her. the other night i had a dream i took her up to my hideout that no one knows about and we watched the sunset together. we also kissed. that part was my favourite. then i took her back to my place and we cuddled, watched a movie then fell asleep.

how i wish that dream could come true.

______

i arrive at the hospital and practically run to the front desk.

"can i help you?" the receptionist asks.
"i'm here to see gabriella hallowes, is she here? "

"she's here but you're not allowed in yet. i'll ask her doctor to inform you when she wakes up, but for now please wait in the waiting area."

"but do you know if she's alive?" i ask her, practically begging.
"she is" the lady replies
"SHE IS!?" i shout, instantly regretting being loud now that everyone is looking up at me.
"shh keep your voice down, but yes she is."
"thank you" i say to her grinning, and go to find an empty chair to sit on.

i'm not sure how long i'm going to be here so i take out my phone and play a few games to distract myself.

A/n: i'm on a right old writing streak right now. 1:30am is my peak writing point lmao, i really need to fix my sleep schedule 😻