5 ▪︎ after school

Time skip: 7am

~gabriella~

i got back home and went back to my room. my parents had already left for work, i doubt they even noticed i wasn't home.

last night was weird. billie litterally saved my life. i wish she hadn't stopped and just run me over instead. i don't understand why she cared all of a sudden, she hasn't seen me in years. i'm not even sure how she recognised me. i used to have blonde hair, bright greeny blue eyes. now i have brunette hair and dull greeny blue eyes, which have lost the light of life in them.

i decided on going to school today. as much as i didn't want to be there, staying home was even worse. school distracted me, i guess.
somehow it was 8am already so
i got ready and rushed out the door, not risking being late. i've been late majority of mornings. I skipped breakfast because i wasn't hungry. I'm not a fan of eating in the mornings. it makes my stomach hurt, on top of the anxiety hurt.

______

i was one of the first out of school, not wanting to be there for any longer than i needed. i stopped at my bench to put my earphones in to listen to music. softcore - the neighbourhood started playing. i love that song. as i was walking out of the gates, i spotted a matte black dodge challenger. i remember very faintly that billie had one of those. weird that it's here though. they're quite common cars so it's probably someone else. i start walking down the street, back to my house.

~billie ~

i found Finneas in my car and got in. what a day. i was out 5 minutes early since i told school i had a meeting, but i just wanted to go home. honestly, I didn't really have a meeting. he asked me about my day, i just said it was alright. reality is i was thinking about gabby the whole time. us she alright?

as if right on cue, she walked out of the gates. i didn't know she went here. i slumped down in my seat as she looked over, fearing she could see me. i then realized that my windows were tinted so she can't see in. what a dumbass i am.

she looked exhausted, from what i could tell. her hair was messy, she was walking very cautiously and looked very pale. she was in very baggy clothes. i didn't want to jump to conclusions, but something was up.

"who's that?" finneas asked, startling me.
"oh its just gabby"
"gabby? like gabby gabby? billie you never told me you knew her again" he questioned.
"oh yeah well erm i only knew her since last night. weird interaction i had to pull her out of the road. but it's all good."

i glance over at gabby again, seeing her nearly down the road, out of my sight.