10 ▪︎ rain

~Gabriella~

i decided on going to school today. i didn't want to, but i'd rather go to school than stay at home all day. it gets boring on your own with only your thoughts after a while.

i'm ready and out of the door on time for the first time ever. that's an achievement i say.

i walk to school and get there 5 minutes before the bell goes. i decide to take a lap around the top floor before going to class.

on my little walk, i spot billie. it's pretty easy to spot her anywhere really, with the bright blue hair and all. i didn't know she went here. I thought she was homeschooled but supposedly not.

i look at her and we lock eyes for a moment. i then turn back around and go to class.

_________

it was pouring with rain, and i didn't bring a coat. what are the chances. i love rain but i'm not a fan of walking home in it.

as i find the bench i usually stop at to take out my earphones, i spot the matte black dodge challenger once again. i decide to stall and watch to see who comes to it. its raining but curiosity gets the best of me.

a few minutes later, as i suspected, billie walks out of the school doors and walks towards it. she spots me and walks over to me. i panic and quickly get my earphones out of my bag and zipping it up.

"yo. need a ride?" she asks, putting her hood up.
"yeah i could do with one. i didn't bring a coat today" i replied
"i figured" she said, laughing. i shoot her a confused look, and she points to my hair, which is currently drenched. i laugh too.

we walk over to her car.
"this fine baby yours is it?" i ask her.
"unless i'm going to get into someone else's car, yes it is mine" she says while giggling at her own joke.

i get into the back seat and see a man with ginger hair driving. i remember his name was finneas.
"billie why are you out late? you know we have a meeting to g- oh hey gabby nice to see you again" he says, smiling at me.
"you too" i say quietly.
"finneas we're giving gabby a ride cause its pouring it down and i don't want her getting all soggy" billie said, pouting at me. i give her a 'really' look.

"what's your address?" she asks me.
"18 cedar acres" i say, and she puts it into the satnav.

billie put some music on. ironically, the first song was star shopping - lil peep, which is hard to listen to because it was almost my last. i accidentally let my guard drop while looking out the window forgetting where i am, my thoughts loud.

"you okay?" billie asks.
my gaze is still out of the window, not hearing what she said.
"gab, hey" she taps my leg. I flinch and turn to look at her.
"sorry. you okay?" she repeats.
"yeah i'm fine. why?"
"just wondering. you were harshly scratching the corner of your thumb."
"oh yeah. i'm just bored thats all."
i can tell she doesn't believe me, but doesn't push me about it.

~billie~

we drop gabby off at her house and head on our way to the meeting.

"something seems off about her fin. she's not her bubbly, humorous self anymore" i say to finneas.
"some people change, that's all. i wouldn't worry about it if i were you" he replies.

"i know, but i know there's a soft gabby under the guard she's created. i've caught her vunerable a few times but she won't open up to me. i know somethings up and i'm worried."
"the only thing you can do for now is make her comfortable. with time she may open up" fin suggests.
i reply with a small hum while turning my gaze out of the window.