14 ▪︎ pretty

~billie's pov~

i finish writing the disadvantages of poverty in india before closing my notebook. i look over at gabby who has been silent for a good few minutes to see her fast asleep beside me.

i know its rude to stare at people while they're sleeping but gabby is just too pretty. her faint freckles dotted on her cheeks, the unique little scar on her forehead, and her shiny brunette hair which blows every second as she breathes. the way it falls perfectly, framing her face. i watch as her chest rises and falls. she seems so peaceful when she sleeps. the most peaceful i've seen her in a while.

she begins to stir and her eyes flutter open.
"why are you staring at me?" she asks as she sits up, rubbing her eyes.
"you're really pretty, you know that right?" i tell her. she smiles and looks away, but i can see a hint of pink on her cheeks. i think she has a soft spot for being called pretty.

"you are too. how long was i asleep for?"
"eh about 30 minutes. i let you sleep because i felt like you needed it. i finished the work, don't worry about it" i reply, giving her a smile.

"i'm going to get a snack, you want something? i ask gabby as i get up from the bed.
"no i'm good. i'm not hungry right now"
i nod and walk out of the room to the kitchen.

~gabriella's pov~

how did i fall asleep? everything since school is such a blur, i can barely remember anything. i check my phone for the time. 4:50pm. i think it's time i head home now. as i'm gathering my things, billie comes back.
"where you going?" she questions me.
"home" i reply.
"need a lift?" she offers.
"nah i live a few blocks away. i'll be good. see ya" i say walking out the door.