4 ▪︎ come in

~gabriella~

as i stepped into the house, i was met with billie's mom. sweet maggie. she would always treat me like her second daughter. she deserves the world.

after maggie had finished questioning billie where she had gone at 2am, she realized my presence. i suddenly started to panic.

"yeah i'll tell you in the morning mom" billie said as she grabbed my wrist, pulling me upstairs. i winced at the sudden touch to my wrist, but played it off by scratching my forehead with my other hand.
i don't know what she's going to do but i need to get out of here either way.

billie sat down on her bed and patted the bed next to her, so i sat down.

we sat in a silence for a few minutes. i observed her room. it had changed quite a bit. she had a tapestry hung over one wall, a cabinet of a bunch of shoes, the room complete with red led lighting.

i turned my attention back to billie. i couldn't talk to her. not right now. before i could second guess my thoughts, i got up and ran downstairs and out of the house. it was currently 4am, i'll just go to the park and go back home later. i don't understand why billie is being nice all of a sudden. i don't care either.

~billie~

i sat gabby down on my bed, not pushing her to talk. she just took a glance around my room. i don't blame her.

she looked up at me and i looked at her. we maintained eye contact for a few seconds before she suddenly got up and left the room. i heard the front door shut.

did i do something wrong? maybe she just needed time to process this. I mean, i did find her laying in the middle of the road knowing full well what her intentions were. i don't have her number so i have no way of contacting her. i guess i'll just see if i see her around.