13 ▪︎ the project

~billie~

she wants to be friends with me again. i feel so relieved. i thought she'd never forgive me for leaving her, i haven't forgived myself yet.

______

"we will be doing a partnered project this term, and i will be choosing the pairs" the teacher said. i don't really like anyone in this class so i dont really care who i'm with, i'll just let them do the work.

i don't pay attention to sir reading out the partner names until i hear mine.

"billie and gabriella"

gabby is my partner? oh how the tables have turned.

~gabriella~

"billie and gabriella"

billie? as my partner? for the whole term? this will be interesting.

i look across the classroom to billie and we lock eyes for a second before turning back and packing up. i zoned out for the majority of the lesson so i don't really know what the project is about, nor do i care either.

"wanna come over after school?" i heard from behind me making me jump. of course it was billie, standing there gleaming at me.

"uh yeah sure" i replied. i would've said no but i'd do anything to get out of the house now that my parents are back. they annoy the shit out of me, always finding a way to yell at me.

"ok, wanna walk home with me so it's easier for you?"
"yeah why not" i replied, laughing awkwardly. She gave me a smile and a nod then walked away.

______

i walked out of the doors to find billie at the bench i always go to. its cute how she remembered which bench it was. i see her glance at me then quickly get up and shuffle round the other side of the table, and we start walking in the direction of her house.

"what's the project about? i kinda zoned out during the explanation" i asked billie.
"we have to make a presentation of what poverty is like in different countries" she replies.
(a/n don't come at me i don't do geography so i made that up 😭)

we get to billie's house and i hesitantly step in, memories coming back to me once again. i brush them off and greet her parents breifly before following her upstairs to her room to start the project.