26 ▪︎ absolutely nothing

TW: (very brief) talk of blades

~gabriella~

"you ready?" billie asks.

no billie, no i am not. i have no clue how this is gonna go. they could either completely ignore me, or apologize. i don't know which one i would prefer, honestly, but either way i'm ignoring them.

i get out of the car and 'turn on' my bitchy personality. i don't want to do this but i need my belongings.
"you stay out here, i'll be back in a few minutes. if its longer than 20 minutes, come in." i tell her, and she nods.

well this will be fun.

i walk up and ring the doorbell. as expected, no one answers. they wouldnt let me in, and they're practically deaf as a bat anyway. i have a spare key so i just let myself in.

i head towards the stairs, not caring if they can hear me or not. i peer into the living room to see them with glasses of alcohol in their hands watching tv. so we're taking the silent treatment option are we?

i quietly run upstairs to my room. nothing has been touched. the glass of water by my bedside, not even the creases in my bedsheets. everything looks suspiciously normal, but i dont have time for figuring that out right now.

i grab some tote bags from my closet and start grabbing random things. i dont really care what i take or don't i just want to get out of here. this place houses many memories.

i finish packing my bedroom and move to my bathroom. i find a pack of new razor blades and decide to take them. i could need them, i also find my stash. i've been clean for a while but i go through so many stages in depression it's crazy.

i realize i've been zoned out for a while when i hear my window opening, revealing billie tossing herself in.
"are you alright? it's been half an hour" she asks, out of breath.
"yeah sorry i zoned out for a while, i'm alright tho. just memories, you know." i reply, quickly shoving the empty tampon box in my bag which i hid my blades in so she doesn't see.

"what did they say?" she asks while grabbing some stuff, helping me pack.
"absolutely nothing. i dont think they even noticed me. i'm not surprised, honestly" i reply rolling my eyes.
"you don't deserve them as parents. no, let me rephrase that - they don't deserve you"
i stare at her in confusion.
"my brain did not brain during that" i laugh.
she smiles but then loses it, "there's no time for jokes let's get out of here. you got everything?"
"yeah. let's go" i hurry us out the door and downstairs.

i don't bother going to disturb my parents, there's no point. they kicked me out fair and square.
we throw my stuff in the trunk of the car and go back to billie's house, my house now too, i guess, with some music playing in the background.

------

"what colour are you thinking for the walls?"
i look down at the colour sheet of different paints. i pick out a few of my favourites and show them to billie.
royal blue, sage green, dusk.

"i love those colours" she agrees, "which is your favourite?"
"billie you know i suck at decisions" i laugh.

"wait, i have an idea"
she looks up at me.
"and that idea of yours would be?"
"since i suck ass at decisions, i'll give you some options and you put the room together. i love surprises anyway" i excitedly say.
"alright then, sorted. just make sure you don't come in while i'm still decorating, or else"
i laugh. "or else what?"
"i'll fight you. you're only 5'3, easy peasy lemon squeezy."
"bu-"
"with a cherry on top" she finishes.

intimidating, but not really. she's too cute for that.