30 ▪︎ shopping trip

time skip - next day

~ billie ~

"what would you like to do today?" i ask gabriella, as we're laying in bed. the sun is shining brightly through the window, a nice saturday morning. "i need to finish your room but, other than that" i add.

"erm i don't really know" she replies, scrolling on her phone.
"isn't it your birthday next week?" i ask, remembering how she told me one time when we were out somewhere.
she smooshes her face into her pillow, making her phone fall out of her hand, landing on the floor with a thump.

"indeed it is, eilish. i forgot that" i make out from her voice muffled into the pillow.

i laugh, "how did you forget your own birthday?"
gabby looks at me with a 'dont mention it' look. i assume she doesn't like her birthday. i won't ask why, i guess some people don't. bad memories i guess?

"well, we can go out and get some more stuff for your room so that you can sleep in there and not mine" she lifts her head up and looks at me with a pout face. "gab, as much as you like sleeping in my room, you need a space that's yours. you can still come in mine whenever though, i do love your company very much"

______

we get dressed and ready for the day, and start driving to the store. its not that busy, its only a saturday morning. i don't know many people who go out on a saturday morning honestly so i'm not surprised.

the store we end up at has a bunch of decor that gabriella likes, and i can only assume that by the fact she was walking around like a kid in a toy store. i found it amusing, and quite frankly, cute.

"how about these?" she holds up a pack of vines no less than 4 inches from my face, causing me to flinch away and then laugh.

"i like them! i have some vines and they will work well with them i think" i replied, taking them and placing them in the basket. "did you want fairy lights or LEDs?"

"LEDs since you can change the colour. but fairy lights are pretty too"

"i'm pretty sure they sell colour changing fairy lights, with a remote controller. they're just like LEDs except they're string fairy lights" i state, leading us up the lighting isle. gabriella nods in response.

and sure enough, i was right. i pick up a pack and place it in our basket, checking that i chose the correct length. we wouldn't really want 400m, that would be a bit too long.

after checking out, we head to the car and go back home. i'm excited to decorate gabriella's room with her, it will also take her mind off of stuff. i have a pretty good idea of how to decorate it but i gotta ask gab first.

~ gabriella ~

i am painfully aware of my birthday coming next week. i've been trying to forget about it, but it keeps popping up somehow. and now billie has remembered it, meaning she will probably plan something. i've never really celebrated my birthday in my life, maybe a few happy birthdays from my friends at the time but nothing much from my family.

its also a day that i generally loose my clean streak. i don't know why, but its just something that happens to happen every year on my birthday. both that and the fact that im getting older and the realization that im still here. i was supposed to be dead last year. i don't understand why that didn't happen. this stupid universe always has tricks up its sleeve.

______

me and billie have been decorating my room for the past hour, and its been amusing to say the least. i've been curled up on the floor laughing when billie couldn't figure out how to put the fairy lights up, so they kept falling on her face.

once she finally got them up, i offered to do the vines. i must say that i did a better and quicker job than billie putting them up. i also put a few plants on the shelf next to my bed. i love plants and have always had them in my room, i even name them sometimes. i have both real ones and fake ones, so that some stay in tact when i forget to water the living ones.

"i think they look really good there" billie says, pointing to the row of plants and mini candles on the shelf.
"thanks"
"you need to remember to water them though" billie adds, laughing, knowing damn well i will forget.

"i'll put it on my to-do list"
"you don't even make to-do lists" she makes a good point.
"and how do you know miss eilish?" i challenge her comment.
"because you generally have nothing to do and i have never seen you write one ever"
i look over at her, smiling. "sure, sure"

______

i'm loving how my room looks at the moment. but for some reason it doesn't feel like it's my room yet, it feels as if it's someone else's. i don't know what else i can put in it to make it feel like home.

"what do you think of it so far?" i hear billie ask.
"i like it. i still feel like there's something missing, but i like it." i repond.
"well, if you think of anything let me know" and then she disappears out the door, putting the tools back i assume.