6

Chapter 6

    Farmers all get up early, and Lu Bai is no exception.

    Qingshan Village is not far from the town, and you can walk there in two quarters of an hour, but if you want to catch the morning market, you still have to go earlier than usual.

    After a few rooster crows, Lu Bai got up in the dark, brushed his teeth and rinsed his mouth with tooth powder dipped in tooth wood in the yard.

    After washing, he poured the water into the vegetable field on the right side of the front yard.

    After putting away the basin and coarse towels, he went into the kitchen and started working.

    It was still dark, but people in the village could be heard talking or sweeping the floor with long bamboos from a distance.

    The handful of rice that was scoured last night has already been put into the pot, and the cage is put away.

    Rolling up his sleeves, Lu Bai looked down at the five palm-sized steamed buns in the drawer. After hesitating for a moment, he went to the table and squatted down, and took out an egg from the small black pot under the table.

    He also put the eggs into the cage drawer, and after covering the pot, he sat on the small stool in front of the stove and started to light the fire.

    The firewood at the bottom of the stove crackled, sporadic sparks splashed, and there was a curl of smoke from the chimney. It was obvious that the fire was on.

    Farmers basically eat two meals a day on weekdays, one in the middle of the morning and one in the afternoon, but Lu Bai often goes to the mountains early in the morning, so he has to eat and drink well when he gets up early. Bring some dry food, there are other people in the village who do this, it's not too unusual.

    The fire at the bottom of the stove was burning, and Lu Bai was not idle. He put a lot of firewood, and it couldn't be extinguished for a while, so he got up and went to the backyard. When he walked out of the kitchen, he took out the basket hanging on the wall.

    There is a small area in the backyard surrounded by earthen walls and fences, which is used to raise chickens.

    He counted the chickens when he came over, and he opened the gate of the fence to allow the chickens to walk freely in the backyard. There is also something planted here, which is a kind of grass specially planted for the chickens to eat. They will peck at the grass leaves and grass seeds. eat.

    Seeing Lu Bai open the fence gate, the two roosters and five hens stood up fluffing their feathers.

    Sprinkle a handful of rice husks on the ground, and the chickens start pecking.

    Lu Bai walked in, carefully put the eggs scattered on the ground and in the coop into the basket, and collected three eggs in total today.

    He carried the basket back to the kitchen, and usually put it in a black jar for saving. He didn’t use it today, because there were already more than twenty pieces, and they could be sold in the town.

    Take all the eggs out of the small black pot and carefully put them into the basket. Twenty-five eggs are basically twenty-five Wen, which is not a small amount of money.

    Like the good-looking windbreath he picked in the mountains last time, one plant sold for five renminbi. There are not many opportunities like this, so he ran to the town without much delay that day, because the price was a lot. , When I came back, I took a bullock cart.