12

Chapter 12

    The sun was setting in the west, and many farmers were still working in the open cultivated land.

    With the afterglow of the setting sun, I stand upright on my own land and look towards the sky. I suddenly feel that the world is vast and I am small here.

    Lu Bai stood up and took a rest for a while, then he came to his senses and felt that his legs were no longer uncomfortable, so he sat on the ridge of the field, picked up the earthen pot beside him and poured out half a bowl of water.

    Bending or squatting to pull weeds is quite tiring for the waist and legs. The wheat grows densely, and it is afraid that it will be crushed if you bring a small bench to sit on it, so this is the only way. Fortunately, he only plants two acres of land by himself. Compared with other people in the village, the work is still a little less.

    In fact, Lu Bai's family used to have three acres of fertile paddy fields in addition to the dry fields, but later they sold them because of his parents' illness. Now the remaining two acres of land, apart from the annual tax, are temporarily enough for him to feed himself alone.

    I have to save money to buy a few acres of land, preferably with paddy fields, which can produce more grain.

    Thinking this way, he put down the empty water bowl and continued working.

    The land adjacent to him belonged to other families in the village, and they were all busy working in the cold weather, and they could hear their conversations from time to time.

    But Lu Bai could only bow his head to work, and waited for Second Aunt Li and Uncle Li from the field next to him to come over after finishing their work, meet him face to face, chat with him for a few homely conversations, and then go back.

    Lu Bai wanted to work a little longer today, so that he could do other things after pulling out the weeds early, such as catching fish and weaving bamboo, so he didn't have to worry about the fields anymore, just come and have a look every two or three days.

    "Little Bai."

    A voice suddenly came from the field not far away, and he subconsciously turned his head to look.

    Seeing that it was his aunt who came, Lu Bai actually didn't want to talk to her, but he still wanted to save face, so he called out: "Auntie, come here." He said it very perfunctorily

    . As for the yin and yang who said that he disrespected the elders, but today, Lin Yinghua didn't know what was going on, and instead of being angry at all, she walked in with a smile.

    Seeing that she almost stepped on his own wheat, Lu Bai frowned, but fortunately Lin Yinghua took her foot back.

    Not wanting her to "accidentally" step on the wheat again, Lu Bai left to talk to the field.

    "Xiaobai, you work alone."

    Lin Yinghua is not tall, with a thin face, her eyebrows are always furrowed, her cheekbones protrude slightly, and she looks very mean when she stares at her. The one who treated Lu Bai like this, but for some reason today, he smiled kindly at Lu Bai.

    He had always hated his uncle's family, and Lu Bai was a little puzzled by her overtures, but he also vaguely knew that there must be something to ask him, or he was asking him to help with work.

    "En."

    Replied muffledly, Lu Bai thought to himself, if he was really asked to work, he would just say that he hadn't finished the work in the field, and he would just refuse. Anyway, his relationship was not good when his father was around. They don't move around during the holidays. Since his father left, the two of them have completely fallen out.