44

In the early morning, there were many men talking and laughing while working in the courtyard of Lu Bai's house. Shen Changlan invited someone to dig a well in the courtyard.

    Most people in the village carry water from the river to eat and drink, and so does Lu Bai.

    It has been half a month since I left the temple, and the temple party went very smoothly, and the auspicious day in the early autumn season was fixed, but after returning, the two discussed other things, and after talking, they decided where to live after they got married.

    It didn't matter to Shen Changlan, the courtyard on the mountain was built by his adoptive father when he was young, because he hadn't lived in it all year round, it's solid, but it's not as good as Lu Bai's house.

    Lu Bai's father put a lot of effort into building the yard back then. The main room was bright and bright, and the walls of the yard were strong. A bluestone road was even paved on the ground of the yard. An extra small cubicle specially used for bathing was built, which is regarded as particular among the wealthy households in the village.

    When it comes to where to live in the future, Shen Changlan actually thinks more. When he has children, it is better to go to a private school or practice martial arts in the town. He only needs to buy a courtyard mansion. He didn't think about it when he returned to Linxi Town I live in the town, so I didn't buy it.

    But these things can be put aside for now, Lu Bai's house is okay, but there is no well for drinking water.

    After helping him carry water by the river a few times, Shen Changlan thought of this, if he is not around in the future and there is no water at home, Lu Bai will have to carry it out by himself.

    It was not a short distance from the back of the village to the river, and two buckets of water were still heavy for Shuang'er, so she discussed with Lu Bai to dig a well in the courtyard so that she would not have to run to the river again.

    Drilling a well is quite expensive, Shen Changlan certainly won't let Lu Bai pay for it.

    The well should have been dug today. Lu Bai sat in the kitchen washing vegetables, his feet were able to touch the ground, but he couldn't use too much strength.

    "Auntie, it's finished."

    After washing the vegetables, he said to Aunt Liu who was chopping vegetables, and his eyes moved from the kitchen to the yard outside.

    Shen Changlan was working with those men, and there was mud on his feet and legs, as well as in the yard. When the well was dug today, he could clean it up.

    Aunt Liu came over to take the wooden basin away, saw him looking outside, and teased Lu Bai a bit: "Xiao Bai, why can't you leave your parent, Lan?" This made Lu Bai blush and

    stammered Said: "No, no, I just glanced at it casually."

    Today is the last day, and it will be over soon. Aunt Liu is quite busy cooking by herself. Seeing Lu Bai like this, she just smiled and hurried It's time to chop and stir-fry vegetables.

    The news of Lu Bai and Shen Changlan's engagement has long been spread in the village. The betrothal gift that was brought from the town in a dozen or so carriages on the day of the engagement really opened the eyes of the villagers. How thick.

    But they didn't know that Shen Changlan was only able to pick and choose. He didn't really like many things. After all, it was only a small town. It was too late to inform the people in Liucheng to prepare, and all the necessary things for the appointment were ready, so we had to do this first, and then we could buy the food, clothing, clothes and jewelry for Lu Bai even if it was not the time of the appointment.