The Announcement

When the feast was over and the new arriving schools had settled in on their own tables, Dumbledore stood next to a large golden totem looking statue.

"Your attention please! I'd like to say a few words. Eternal glory. That is what awaits the student who wins the Quadwizard Tournament. But to do this, that student must survive three tasks. Three...extremely dangerous tasks. For this reason, the Ministry has seen fit to impose a new rule. To explain all this, we have the head the Department of International Magical Cooperation, Mr. Bartemius Crouch.

As Crouch made his way to the altar, the night sky style ceiling began to play up, with lightning threatening to strike, but before it got out of hand a red spell was cast into the ceiling. Y/N tracked the red spell to it's caster, a man who looked like he was a steampunk cyborg and as mad as a box of frogs.

"Mad eye." Y/N said with a hint of resentment and also respect in his voice. "Half the cells in Azkaban have occupants thanks to him."

As Moody walked past the teachers Y/N noticed that some of them were looking slightly uneasy with the presence of Moody, especially McGonagall. Quite a few people were weirded out by him, intimidated even, but Y/N just fixed his gaze on Moody, he wasn't afraid of him, he knew which side he was on, even if his methods were sometimes questionable.

The students watched Moody greet with Dumbledore before stepping to the side and taking a sip of something from a flask.

"What's that he's drinking, do you suppose?" Seamus asked as Y/N turned his head slightly to face Seamus but kept his gaze locked onto Moody.

"I don't know but I don't think it's Jack Daniels." Y/N said. Crouch walked up to the alter and began to speak.

"After due consideration, the ministry has concluded that, for their own safety, no student under the age of 17 shall be allowed to put forth their name for the Quadwizard Tournament. This decision is final." Crouch announced to the dismay of pretty much everyone.

"SILENCE!" Dumbledore roared over the sound of people complaining, the room came to a silent standstill. Dumbledore raised his hand to the alter and lowered it, as his hand lowered, the gold shell followed, revealing the goblet with blue flames. "The Goblet of Fire. Anyone wishing to submit themselves to the tournament, need only write their name upon a piece of parchment before this hour on Thursday night. Do not do so lightly. If chosen, there's no turning back. As from this moment, the Quadwizard Tournament has begun."

Later that night both the Ravenclaw girls and the Gryffindor boys dorms were filled with people asking Y/N and Wednesday questions about their adventure over the holidays. Harry was hearing these stories for the first time and was amazed by them.

"You mean you fought an actual Zombie?" Seamus asked as Y/N shrugged.

"I don't know what Crackstone was." Y/N answered.

Meanwhile in the girls dorms.

"What was Y/N like?" Cho Chang asked as Wednesday paused at the question.

"What was Wednesday like?" Seamus asked as Y/N paused at the question.

"He was fine." Wednesday said bluntly.

"She was fine." Y/N answered bluntly.

"Come on Y/N, you know what I mea-"

"Come on Wednesday, you know what I mea-"

"Not another word Seamus or I will use an unforgivable curse on you." Y/N warned.

"Not another word or I'll torture you for a week none stop." Wednesday warned as the girls all went silent until Cho Chang spoke.

"You two definitely fancy one another." Cho said as Wednesday looked at her. "Hey, don't be defensive about it. He clearly feels the same about you, and we've seen you two, always together, it's obvious to be honest, especially on Y/N's side, he nearly sent Malfoy home in a box for calling you a simple insult. Do you fancy him?"

"I don't want to talk about it, now if you'll excuse me, I'll be off to bed." Wednesday said as she turned over in her bed, using her wand to close the bed curtains shut and keep them shut before she went to sleep.

"Do you fancy her?" Harry asked, not as a joking around question, but as a friend caring about Y/N's happiness.

"If you are referring to romantic entanglement, Potter, which I rather fear you are, as I have often explained before, all emotion is abhorrent to me. It is the grit in a sensitive instrument. The crack in the lens. The fly in the ointment." Y/N said as Harry sighed and nodded.

"I'll take that as a yes." Harry said with a smile. "I'm happy for you."

With that, Y/N closed the curtains on his bed and lay on the bed, lighting his pipe and beginning to smoke it as he tried to think...