The Very Definition of Calm

Fred and George burst into the hall with potions in their hands cheering, the hall erupted into cheers as Y/N just shook his head and turned to Hermione and Wednesday.

"20 Galleons says it doesn't work." Y/N said as Hermione chuckled.

"I'm not betting on something I know for a fact will not go my way. That's like offering a bet that Dumbledore will do a big speech at least once in the year." Wednesday said as Y/N smirked.

"Well lads, we've done it. Cooked it up just this morning." Fred and George bragged.

"It's not going to work." Hermione said in a singsong voice.

Fred and George leaned in close to her

"Oh, yeah? And why's that, Granger?" the twins said in unison. Hermione sighed.

"You see this?" Hermione said as she pointed at the magical ring surrounding the goblet. "This is an age line. Dumbledore drew it himself."

"So?"

Hermione and Wednesday scoffed and smiled at the twins persistence.

"So...a genius like Dumbledore couldn't possibly be fooled by a dodge as pathetically dim-witted as an Aging Potion." Hermione stated.

"Ah, but that's why it's so brilliant."

"'Cause it's so pathetically dim-witted."

The Twins stood up and took the potions before hopping into the inside of the age line. A few students cheered before most people joined in clapping and cheering. They celebrated for a second before putting their names in the goblet, when nothing happened they began celebrating again only to be stopped when blasts of blue flame sent both of the twins flying through the air. When they both sat up their hair was grey and they both had big beards like they were homeless santa's.

"You said--"

"You said--"

The twins began fighting on the floor as Hermione and Wednesday sat down and opened their books again while Y/N covered his ears from the chanting. The hall went silent however when Krum and his friends walked in and put his name in the goblet, and turning to look at Wednesday like he was trying to show off to her.

'Charmless git.' Y/N thought internally as he watched the interaction.

Later that night after the feast, everyone was gathered to watch the announcements for the selections in the tournament.

"Sit down. Please." Dumbledore began as he approached the centre of the room where the Goblet of Fire was. "Now the moment you've all been waiting for: The Champion selection."

Dumbledore waved his hand around the room causing the normal fires to die out, leaving the blue light from the goblet to be the only thing illuminating the room. The blue flame turned red and spat out a slightly charred piece of paper.