Stakes...

Y/N and Wednesday were sat in the great hall, with Wednesday reading a book, she must have been in a temperamental mood because she was reviewing her own books and looking at where she thinks she could have done better. Y/N meanwhile was reading one of the books for the year while eating.

"I could do with characterising you truer to how you are in real life don't you think?" Wednesday asked as Y/N looked at her.

"Wednesday, please don't the last thing I need is people seeing me having emotions. I like being the cold calculating machine to almost everyone, it makes it easier to distinguish friends and enemies." Y/N said before taking a drink.

"Did you put your name in?" Wednesday asked as Y/N looked at her.

"Of course not. Did you?" 

"No." Wednesday replied bluntly as they heard footsteps approaching, they turned and saw Enid, and she was looking as excited as ever.

"Oh, I can't wait to be interviewed." Enid said as Y/N rolled his eyes.

"I can. Rita Skeeter is a vile two faced, four tongued serpent. I've met Car salesmen and estate agents who tell less lies than her. And it doesn't help that she's hated me for years." Y/N said as he yawned slightly.

"You look tired." Enid pointed out as Y/N looked at her.

"I'm fine." Y/N said coldly before standing up. "I'll be in our room if you want me."

Y/N left and Wednesday turned to look at Enid.

"He okay?" Enid asked as Wednesday shook her head.

"He's been having nightmares since that night in the crypt. Whenever I ask, he does that." Wednesday said as she watched Y/N leave. She was interrupted from watching Y/N as an owl arrived and dropped a letter. "Well it's not Y/N's handwriting, and it's not Enola's, not a teachers..."

As Wednesday opened the letter she read it to herself.

"Dear Wednesday,

I wish to speak to you, regarding the Quadwizard tournament. As I am aware, you and my dear brother are entered and I feel that there is something you should know, come alone to the astronomy tower when you receive this letter.

Michael"

Wednesday looked stood up and left, the letter in her pocket as she headed to the Astronomy tower.

When she arrived she saw Michael stood in his three piece suit with his umbrella.

"Hello Michael. Hope I didn't keep you." Wednesday said sarcastically as she began looking around.

"Ms Addams, how is my brother taking everything?" Michael said as Wednesday looked at him.

"What do you want Michael? You're not here for small talk." Wednesday said as Michael smiled.

"I wish to bring something to your attention. As we understand it, there is word on the underground grapevine that someone is planning something to do with this ghastly tournament, something big."

"Moriarty?" Wednesday asked as Michael looked at her.

"One could only assume." Michael stated as he looked at Wednesday. "We don't know who, but what we do know is that there are assassins now within the castle walls and they intend to cause an international incident, we don't know how but considering their skill sets, it should be easy to deduce."

"Well why don't you and your people look into it or call of the tournament?" Wednesday asked as Michael looked at her.

"We can't have anyone know we're onto them, besides, if you, Y/N, or any of us tackle the wrong person to the ground, it would cause an incident which inevitably leads to...legwork." Michael said, saying the last word with disgust.

"Any ideas on where to begin?"

"We've managed to narrow down two assassins to being disguised as Durmstrang and Beauxbaton students, however we do not know who, that however is where you and my dear little brother come in." Michael said as he looked at Wednesday.

"We need you to get involved with these groups using whatever methods you see fit. I suggest getting to know Miss Delacour and Mister Krum. Infiltrate their ranks, and find out who the two assassins are and if possible, who their target is. Remember should they accomplish their mission, this could potentially start another war, and that is the last thing we need." Michael said as Wednesday looked at him.

"And What does Y/N think about this?"

"I haven't told him, you will be the one telling him...he and I have a...strenuous relationship, if I told Y/N he wouldn't apply himself nearly as much as he would if you told him." Michael said as Wednesday sighed.

"You're using me to manipulate your own brother's feelings for me so that he does your work for you." Wednesday observed as Michael turned and smiled at her.

"And you're defending him when I'm doing him a favour and giving him a case. Believe me, giving him a case is a kindness, stopping what happened last time he felt extremely bored is of paramount importance to me." Michael said as he looked down at his hand. "You'll find a briefing folder in your trunk, to help you tell my dear little brother."

"What happened last time Y/N didn't have anything to put his mind to?" Wednesday asked as Michael looked at her and gave a pensive smile.

"Good day Miss Addams, and good luck." Michael said as he walked away, leaving an annoyed Wednesday stood there, she huffed to herself before walking off to the Room of Requirement to talk to Y/N...