The Second Task...

Today was the day of the second task, and Harry was still looking for a way to breathe underwater. Y/N was helping Harry look up a solution to the problem until they were interrupted.

"Hate to break up the skull session. Professor McGonagall would like to see you." Moody said as he appeared around the corner. Wednesday, Harry and Y/N went to stand up but Moody shook his head. "Not you two, just Granger and Ms Holmes."

"But sir, The second task is only hours away--" Hermione protested.

"Exactly. Presumably Addams, Potter and Holmes are well-prepared by now and could do with a good nights sleep. Go. Now!" Moody said, snapping at the end. "Longbottom, help Mr Potter and Holmes and Ms Addams put their books back."

Moody left as Neville arrived and began rambling on about plants.

"I'm sure there's a plant that can actually help you, Harry, I just can't remember what it it." Y/N said as Harry looked at him.

"Well at least that would be a start. Wait, Neville, do you know any plants that can help us breath underwater for an hour, maybe a special Tibetan Turnip or something."

"You could use Gillyweed." Neville said as Y/N snapped his fingers and pointed at Neville.

"That's it! Gillyweed! Neville, you're a bloody genius." Y/N exclaimed with excitement as the three boys began to make their plan. "I'll be fine with the spell."

"Well, I think Professor Snape has some Gillyweed." Neville suggested as Y/N looked to Neville and then to Harry.

"I should have seen that one coming shouldn't I?" Y/N remarked as he headed to the corridor where Snape kept all of his supplies, Y/N peaked around the corner and made sure that no one was there before sneaking to the supply cupboard and unlocking it.

As Y/N was looking for the Gillyweed, he heard footsteps approaching and Snape muttering to himself about something, Y/N in an instant, jumped up and grabbed a ceiling beam and lay prone on top of it, peaking over the edge as Snape walked in and began rooting through his supplies, Y/N was holding his breath to help avoid detection as Snape gathered what ingredients he needed before leaving, murmuring to himself.

Y/N dropped down from the beam quietly and searched for the Gillyweed, eventually he found it and took a hand full.

The task had arrived and Y/N was with Harry, waiting to dive into the water.

"Welcome to the second task. Last night, something was stolen from each of our champions. A treasure of sorts. These seven treasures, one for each champion, now lie on the bottom of the Black Lake. In order to win, each champion need only find their treasure and return to the surface. Simple enough, except for this, they will have one hour to do so and one hour only. After that, they'll be on their own. No magic will save them. You may begin!"

Y/N cast the spell, his skin became paler, more transparent to the point that you could see his veins clearly in his face, and his eyes went black completely. Harry looked like he was having some sort of seizure as he fell into the water, Y/N jumped in along with the other contestants at the sound of the cannon, but Y/N made sure to check on Harry first.

On the platforms, Seamus and Dean were wondering what had happened to Harry while Neville suspected the worst case scenario.

"Oh my god! I've killed Harry Potter!" Neville exclaimed, but he stopped panicking when he heard cheers and turned to see Harry flying out of the water into a backflip before diving back in.

Y/N left as soon as he knew Harry was alright. He was swimming in search of whatever his target was. Y/N and he found it an underwater city and at the centre of it, surrounded by Mer-people, were seven people tied to weights at the bottom of the lake. Y/N looked in terror as he saw the people, Gabrielle Delacour, Cho Chang, Ron, Ajax, Hermione, Enola, and Eugene.

Y/N swam over to them and untied Enola. He saw Harry come in and go to help Ron but he was struggling with the rope, Cedric came in helped Cho before reminding the boys of the timer. Y/N went to help Hermione but Krum came in as a half shark and took her away.

'at least Hermione is safe in some sense of the word.' Y/N thought to himself as he sent Enola to the surface, Y/N went to help Gabrielle but he found a trident being pressed against his throat.

"Only one!" The mermaid said as Y/N rolled his eye using Depulso to send the Mermaid backwards, before Y/N could help Gabrielle he heard Fleur scream out in pain, he turned to see her being dragged down to the depths by Mermaids.

"Harry, you get Gabrielle, I'll get Fleur." Y/N said as Harry nodded. Y/N swam over to fleur who had been hit with a trident handle, he carried her to the surface and looked around for Harry only to see he wasn't there, he checked the time and knew his spell was running out, but Y/N gave zero fucks about now, he dived back into the water and saw Harry had freed Ron and Gabrielle but the Mermaids were dragging him and Ron down into the Water, Y/N swam to them and tried to help but Ron was dragged down and Harry's Gillyweed had run out, Y/N swam after Ron to the bottom of the lake and fought off the Mermaids.

He cast Depulso with all of his energy, using his wand to send Ron to the surface while he himself was being swarmed by angered Merpeople. They scratched and clawed at him as he tried to free himself from their grasp but he couldn't.

Harry panicked when Neville handed him some spare Gillyweed that Y/N had stolen just in case the spell didn't work. Harry took the Gillyweed and leapt into the water to save his best friend, when he reached the bottom of the lake he saw Y/N with trident scratches and claw marks on him, even a three pronged stab wound on his left thigh, Harry used what offensive spells he knew to send the Mermaids away before carrying Y/N upwards. Just as they neared the surface Y/N began suffocating, Harry used his wand and hoped for the best as a Mermaid grabbed one of their legs each.

"Ascendio!" Harry cast, causing him, Y/N, and the mermaid to fly out of the water and land on the platform Y/N coughed up water as the Mermaid flourished her trident, Y/N just cast Depulso, sending it into the water.

"Thanks." Y/N remarked to Harry who nodded.

Ron looked over to Y/N and Harry.

"Thanks, Y/N." Ron said as Y/N ignored him and headed over to Enola to check on her.

"You're crazy, you know that?" Wednesday exclaimed.

"You know that's what you love about me." Y/N said as He and Wednesday chuckled amongst themselves. Then she noticed Y/N's wounds.

"Oh my god! Come he-"

"Not exactly no." Y/N joked as pointed at his wounds which were bleeding, especially the one on his leg. "It's nothing, I'll live."

"Come on, let's get you some help." Pomfrey said as she arrived with Harry who had rushed to get medical help for Y/N.

"Attention!" Dumbledore roared, using a spell to amplify his voice. "The winner is...Mr. Diggory, who showed innate command of the Bubble-head charm. "However, seeing as Mr Potter and Mr Holmes, would have both finished last or not finished at all, if it weren't for their determination to rescue Fleur and Gabrielle Delacour, we've agreed to award them second and third place, for outstanding moral fibre from both of them!"