Yule Ball (Part Two)

As Wednesday read everyone in the room, Y/N was leaning against the banister out by the grand staircase. It had been half an hour since he left and he was still calming his nerves from the adrenaline, he was already primed to fight tonight against an assassin, so the confrontation with Krum had brought his adrenaline in.

Y/N was trying to focus his mind until he heard footsteps behind him, he turned as he lit his pipe and saw Enola walking towards him with an ashamed expression on her face, she leaned against the banister next to Y/N as she looked down at the drop. Enola looked at the pipe in her brother's mouth.

"What's that you're smoking?"

"The, the usual. Healing stuff. Magic remedy."

"Where'd you find all of that? It's been lasting you for years." Enola asked as Y/N thought.

"Nicked it from Filches office, turns out he's got stashes of the stuff. confiscated it all. I'm embarrassed about what I had to trade to get Daphne Greengrass to help me with that lift." Y/N said with a chuckle. "It helps."

There was a long pause until Enola spoke.

"I had Krum under control. I was just gonna tell him to back off and then walk away." Enola said as Y/N nodded.

"I know." Y/N said as he looked at the pipe in his hands.

"And you need to stop pushing your friend away when they try to help." Enola said as Y/N looked at her. "Mum told me about the therapy."

"Okay." Y/N said as he nodded to himself after taking a deep breath. "Uh, Hermione...she, she said about you over the holidays, when you thought I was dead?"

"It...it was a moment of weakness, sentiment." Enola said as Y/N smiled.

"Look, I'm not arbiter on relationships, and feelings, but Hermione, I know she loves you so much, and she makes you so happy. I'm...happy for you Enola. For both of you."

Enola took a deep breath and sighed.

"You're such a dick."

"I kno-"

"Three siblings! Three! I should have had my brothers there grieving alongside me, so that I wasn't alone, someone who was going through the same as me. All those potential days of happiness were wasted by fate. You took away my chance to grieve un-alone by lying to me, by the time I knew about it all, you had already got through the worst of it. The worst part was it was you. I've idolized you since we were able to talk, Y/N my big brother who's always so strong for everyone, Y/N my big brother who's always there to protect me, Y/N my clever big brother who's always told me the bloody truth. All my life I've had you on a pedestal, you were my perfect brother and a better father than our dad. That's what hurt the most. That it was you The one person who I had always trusted, and it was you  who lied to me, and it was you who destroyed that image I had."

There was a long solemn silence as Enola let out a few tears, sobbing slightly as Y/N straightened up his stance as he stood up and took in a deep breath, putting out the pipe and putting it into his pocket.

"If somehow I got a second chance at the moment I decided to lie to you, to keep it from you...I would do it, all over again. Because it meant keeping the only person I have ever cared about my whole life safe from this stinking cesspool of a world. And it meant you wouldn't end up like me." Y/N admitted as he looked to Enola who looked him in the eyes.

"I know...I just..." Enola thought about her words for a moment, looking at her brother who had just admitted he would lie to her in order to protect her. "I don't think I can ever forgive you for that...but...I would like to try, I want to try." 

Enola saw Y/N shed a tear for the first time in her life, he'd always been her strong older brother, and right now, he was crying.

"I would like that." Y/N said as Enola nodded.

"Okay. We should...we should head back. Both got dates." Enola said as she looked at Y/N who nodded.

"Yeah." Y/N said as he pulled out his after dinner speech.

"Did you know Mother was here?" Enola asked as Y/N looked surprised.

"What?"

"She's using Polyjuice to look like John and keep an eye on us." Enola said as Y/N was mentally kicking himself.

"How didn't I see it." Y/N said to himself as Enola left, chuckling.

Y/N walked into the hall and saw Wednesday stood by the door.

"Anything?"

"Nothing." Wednesday said as Y/N nodded.

"I'm fine, just...you know." Y/N said as Wednesday leaned in and kissed him.

"Now, Mr Holmes has been tasked with the after dinner speech so can we all welcome him to the stage." McGonagall said as Y/N walked onto the stage, and looked down at the paper.

"Hello everyone, I know you all don't really give a toss about me so I'll keep things brief. First let's all thank the band here for tonight, please a round of applause for the Vatican Cameos, sorry, the Vincent Chior ochestra..."

Immediately Enola looked to Bella disguised as John and they both began looking around for the threat that Y/N had alerted them to.

"What? Enola? What's Vatican Cameos? What does it mean?" Hermione said as Enola grabbed a small butter knife from the food table and hid it up her sleeve.

"It means battle stations, someone's about to die." Enola said as she saw John (Bella) subtly move their hands behind their back where there was a P226 pistol in the waistband tucked under the shirt.

Y/N finished the speech and stepped down from the stage and looked around analysing the possible targets. Enola walked up to Y/N.

"I assume we're right in thinking that someone plans an assassination tonight?" Enola asked as Y/N nodded.

"And I hope you've come to the same conclusion my friends. If not don't worry I'll explain. These assassins are good at playing their roles, too good. They are so immersed that there is one characteristic that they can never predict...spontaneous reaction. Observe." Y/N said as he walked to Ron. "Enola, punch me in the face."

"What?"

"It needs to look convincing. Do it." Y/N said as Enola sighed and delivered a right hook straight to Y/N's face, knocking him into a table. 

That was when the assassins thought their cover had been blown and made a move, they all went to attack their targets, but Y/N was already vaulting over the table before the Beauxbaton assassin had drawn her wand and tried to go for Cedric. Y/N tackled her to the floor and wrestled the wand from her hands, restraining her with incarcerous.

Wednesday went for the Durmstrang assassin, kicking the wand from his hand as Thing, who was wearing a bowtie around his wrist, jumped onto the assassin and began strangling them while Wednesday restrained them.

Enid tackled the Nevermore assassin her wolf strength overpowering them as she restrained them after picking up their wand and using a spell she had heard Y/N use. She was shocked that she even had magical abilities and started celebrating. John drew his pistol and aimed it at the assassin as Enid celebrated her newfound abilities.

Enola and Harry tackled the two Hogwarts assassins to the floor, the pair using knockout spells to incapacitate the two assassins. They dragged the assassins over to the dance floor where 

Moriarty's plan had been foiled by Y/N and Wednesday, they still may not know what he looks like, but they did know one thing, he could be beaten...