The Next Morning...

In the morning, Wednesday woke up and noticed Y/N was balled up next to herm his arms over her protectively.

"Y/N?" Wednesday asked as he awoke, he noticed she was looking at him confusedly as he realised why.

"Oh, my, I'm...sorry." Y/N said as he practically jumped off the bed.

"Talk." Wednesday said as Y/N looked at her, her tone left no room for negotiation.

"About what?" Y/N asked trying to bluff her.

"Nice try. Talk. You've been having nightmares since Crackstones Crypt and now you've just woken up with your arms like you're guarding me from something." Wednesday said as Y/N looked at her.

"It's stupid, you'd think I was being too sentimental or something." Y/N said as Wednesday looked at him.

"Y/N, please." Wednesday said as she looked at him.

"I saw you die, you died in my arms Wednesday, my hands were covered in your blood. The nightmares, in the nightmares you don't come back, and I'm on my own against Crackstone, and Tyler and Laurel. I'm on my own with my sister hating me and no one I trust to help me on cases." Y/N said as Wednesday looked at him before walking up to him. She felt the same way she did when she heard about him not getting any Christmases or Birthday's growing up. She felt sympathy, even more so with the knowledge that she was the root of it.

Y/N was on his way to meet Harry and Neville to hang out by the lake, he was walking through the corridors when he noticed two Slytherin students, they were holding books for fourth year students, and he knew they weren't in his year, he even noticed Malfoy looking at them suspiciously.

Y/N was stopped when Malfoy whistled at him.

"Holmes, can we talk?" Malfoy asked as Y/N sighed before walking over to him.

"What do you want Malfoy?" Y/N asked as Draco looked embarrassed.

"Look, I...we, my mother and I, we need your help."

"Look Malfoy, I've got a lot on my mind right now so if this a prank or you insist on continuing to stutter for five weeks, give me a call when you get around to the not boring bit." Y/N said as he went to walk away.

"My mother's gone missing, Father says she's on a business trip, but I know that's a lie. Please. I know I'm not at liberty to ask but...if not me, do it for my mother, your aunt." Malfoy said as Y/N looked at him. "Name your price."

"Fine, ready, you never insult, berate, or hurt any of my friends ever again, especially my little sister and Hermione. That's my price." Y/N said as Malfoy looked at him, before thinking of his mother.

"Done." Malfoy agreed as Y/N nodded.

"Do you know if she packed?"

"She packed a few days worth of clothes but nothing too expensive." Malfoy said as Y/N nodded.

"So she's not going somewhere to show off and it's not for too long, it's definitely not far away from the manor because she'd have packed food otherwise. Did she put on make up?"

"No, she just left it all behind."

"So she doesn't need to look smart, granted she always looks smart. but no make up. So she's not taking any expensive clothing, she's not taken her makeup and it's for a few days." Y/N said as Malfoy nodded.

"Yes."

"She's taking a break from your father, she's gone somewhere, you didn't mention her taking any money so she wouldn't be staying in a hotel, she's staying in a relatives house for a few days. Obviously Lucius has been driving her up the wall. My guess is from the lack of food being packed she went to stay with your aunt Andromeda for a bit." Y/N said as he looked Malfoy in the eyes. "Can I go now?"

"Y-yes." Malfoy said in shock as Y/N walked away.

When Y/N arrived to the meeting spot, he saw Harry reading the Daily Prophet.

"Mr Holmes, having seemingly recovered from his heartbreak over the summer has now set his sights on more lofty ambitions, such as the Beauxbaton champion Fleur Delacour. Ms Addams has been quoted stating that the only way Y/N could be more out of her life would be "if he was to drop dead." No word yet on how Y/N is dealing with this statement and with the emotional turmoil of being in the same tournament alongside his former girlfriend who seems to be smitten with Bulgarian heartthrob Viktor Krum, another champion in the tournament." Y/N read aloud as he burst out laughing. "You can't deny, it's a riveting read, but like with Lockharts books, it's better served as toilet paper."

Seamus spoke up.

"Come on Holmes, even you can't deny, it's not all bad. What can anyone have against he prophet as a whole?" Seamus asked as Y/N looked at him.

"Apart from his bottom?" Y/N remarked as Seamus just laughed.

"I would have thought the papers would be right up your alley." Neville said as Y/N took a breath and suppressed a laugh.

"I mean don't get me wrong, it's without a doubt my favourite paper, soft, strong, and thoroughly absorbent." Y/N said as Harry and Seamus laughed amongst themselves. The boys all sat there for a while talking with Y/N explaining the situation with Wednesday to Harry who listened. 

"Me too, just one year without a death defying adventure." Harry said as they saw Neville wave to someone, Y/N turned and saw Hermione, Ron, and Ginny approaching.

"Look, it's already been through enough people. Why don't you talk to them yourself?" Hermione whispered, she knew that Y/N could hear it, part of her hoped that Y/N would interfere. "Ron this is your problem, not mine...What do you want me to say again?"

Ron whispered into Hermione's ear, it was barely audible even to Y/N. Hermione let out an angry sigh and approached Y/N and Harry.

"Ronald would like me to tell you both, that Fred told him, that Dean was told by Parvati that Hagrid's looking for you both." Hermione said as Y/N nodded.

"What?" Harry asked, confused. Hermione headed back to Ron and they whispered before Hermione returned. Dean was told by Parvati...please don't ask me to say it again. Hagrid's looking for you both."

Hermione went over to Y/N but Harry was still pissed at Ron.

"Well you can tell Ronald--"

"SHE'S NOT AN OWL!" Y/N snapped, looking between Harry and Ron. "Now if you can do without me in the nursery for a while, I'm going to go and study and all around avoid human contact because I'm in no mood for any more of this."

Y/N walked away as he shoved into Ron, starting to walk back to the Room of Requirement...