Combined Intelligence

Y/N returned to the Room of Requirement to try and think, not only about the dragons, but the case of how  his, Wednesday, and Harry's names all got into the cup, who was the assassination target? Who was the assassin? Why did Moriarty want to cause an international incident? What would he stand to gain from it?

All of these questions floated around inside of Y/N's mind, he sat there for hours trying to find an answer to at least one of those questions. His thoughts were interrupted by Wednesday walking into the room. Y/N looked at her as he receded from his thoughts and began to listen to her as she began to talk about her progress.

 Y/N looked at her as he receded from his thoughts and began to listen to her as she began to talk about her progress

"Dragons are the first task, and most Durmstrang students are a strange type of Animagus called a berserker. They can all take the form of a bear." Wednesday began as Y/N looked at her.

"So we have the Beauxbatons comprising mostly if not completely of Veela, and now we have the Durmstrang comprising mostly if not completely Berserkers. And there are assassins hiding amongst them all and seeking to kill someone though we don't know who. And I was attacked earlier by some assassins dressed in Hogwarts uniforms, they likely aren't the only ones, Moriarty wouldn't have risked his entire plan by sending two assassins after me. So there are more." Y/N surmised to himself as Wednesday nodded. "How did you surmise Dragons were the first task?"

"Fleur told me." Wednesday said as Y/N nodded. "What have you found out?"

"Nothing, it's proving to be quite tricky to get anything. At least anything pertaining to the case." Y/N said as he looked to Wednesday who nodded.

"Sounds like you need to double down on your attempts to get close with her." Wednesday said as Y/N nodded. "Krum is an idiot, he's easy to manipulate, he already has a crush on me, and I've noticed he has one on Hermione. He's obviously into the kind of women who can help compensate for his lack of intelligence."

Y/N chuckled to himself as he looked at Wednesday.

"Not your type?" Y/N asked as Wednesday looked at him.

"He's exactly my type, but I already have someone." Wednesday said as Y/N smiled.

"Well I can hardly help being an idiot when you're nearby, I've always said you're smarter than me." Y/N said as Wednesday looked over to him. "You make people perceive me to be smarter than I really am, while doing yourself a discredit."

"How?"

"You have a sibling that doesn't hate your guts, you haven't single handily torn your family apart." Y/N said as he looked to Wednesday. "And you can control your emotions better than I can. You solved the Nevermore case, not me...you."

"Now who's doing themselves a discredit?" Wednesday said as she looked at Y/N. "Yes my books are slightly exaggerate, but not by much. I've seen you solve crimes that leave even me baffled, and then explain it all to make it seem so simple that even Krum can understand it. I've seen you play criminal masterminds like Voldemort for fools, trick time to save your mother. The only difference is that you have a heart in there that cares about people. Y/N "the Dragon Slayer". You have the brain of both a scientist and a philosopher, yet you've elected to be a detective, and not just out of some heartless enjoyment of the thrill of a chase, you like it also because you help people."

"You give me too much credit. Enola could do what I do without ever leaving the flat, as could Michael."

"I'm certain they could. But you're the one who actually does what you do, and especially what you do to me." Wednesday said as she brought her hand up to Y/N's cheek. "What brought this on? You don't normally doubt yourself."

Wednesday looked him in the eyes.

"Nothing, just me talking to myself about myself." Y/N said as he smiled to Wednesday who pulled his head in to her shoulder.

She looked at the small bottle next to him on the table and made her deductions before picking up the bottle and reading the label and sniffing the bottle.

"You know this stuff you're drinking is meant for eye surgery?" Wednesday asked as Y/N nodded.

"Helps heighten my thought processes." Y/N said as he looked to Wednesday who nodded sarcastically.

"Probably the cocaine in this stuff." Wednesday said as she showed him the label as Y/N knew he was in for a right bollocking. "So, this is what you've resorted to? liquids with Cocaine in them?"

"I told you. It's to help heighten my thought processes." Y/N said calmly as he began thinking.

"How much is in it? How much Cocaine?" Wednesday asked as Y/N calculated.

"Barely any. around seven per-cent." Y/N said as Wednesday sighed.

"Okay. Look, I'm not Bellatrix, I'm not your mother, so I'm not going to stop you all together, how you alleviate boredom is up to you, but you promise me, right now...never on a case." Wednesday said as Y/N looked at her.

"It helps with cases-"

"Promise!" Wednesday said sternly as Y/N looked at her and sighed.

"I promise, on my honour." Y/N said as Wednesday looked at him and read him. He wasn't lying or anything of the sort, he wasn't even high. She calculated that the amount he had at most would be like a sugar rush.

"Use your pipe, I don't want your little drinkie session doing permanent damage." Wednesday ordered softly as she grabbed Y/N's pipe from his coat that was hung up, she was about to test how affected he was, she passed the pipe to him, tossing it through the air, he caught it without looking. "If you need help thinking on a case use your magical pipe. I catch you using this stuff on a case and I'll personally throw you into a cell or better yet, I'll tell Bellatrix. Does Michael know, I'm assuming this isn't just recent, just some sort of relapse?"

"Michael knows about this, he's known for years. If you want to tell him about this then here's the list, he knows what-"

"Like Mycroft made your father do?" Wednesday said as Y/N nodded.

"Yes. Michael found out so he made me promise to make a list." Y/N said as Wednesday nodded.

"How long? How long has this been going on for." Wednesday asked.

"Since just after Gladstone the family dog was put down." Y/N said as he looked at Wednesday who raised her eyebrow. "Since I was five. I'm nowhere near as bad as my father was. It's only when I get either really bored or need it to help heighten my thought process. I haven't used for a decade."

"Okay. You get some sleep. I need to go and have a word with someone." Wednesday said calmly as Y/N nodded. Wednesday left. Y/N went to sleep, thinking about all of the questions. Trying to solve the case in his mind palace as he slept...