Chapter 1: Introduction

Megatronus' POV

The last thing I remember was speaking with Orion. I didn't really understand his kindness at first, but I found myself enjoying his company. That was until, I blacked out. At least, I couldn't remember the rest. Trapped in darkness once again, I was scared. But why was I? No one was there to hurt me, right? Then suddenly I saw light. Everything was blurry at first. I was surprised to see who was standing above me. It was none other than Orion Pax. He seemed... different. I could see the anger in his optics. It wasn't long before I noticed the blade he held above my helm. He was going to deactivate me, but... why? Weren't we just talking only moments ago?

"O-Orion?" I heard myself stuttering. He froze in shock. It was as if I had spoken of a designation that hadn't been announced in a long time. How long was I out then? "W-what? Why are you...?" I struggled to find the right words. My optics threatened to leak lubricants. He lowered his weapon but kept it out as if I was to attack at any moment. It wasn't the first time I was treated as a dangerous beast. I looked back up at his face and noticed that he was still staring at me, glaring. What is he expecting from me? "Why were you? Y-You were going to deactivate me... Why? What did I do." He didn't speak for a while. He didn't answer any of my questions. 

"What is the last thing you remember?" he asked. The last...? What kind of question was that? I decided to humor him anyway. 

"I... I was talking with you. I had... just left the arena." I watched him put his weapon away. He stepped off me. Giving me a chance to back away. "Y-You just came up to me to ask a couple questions..." I looked down for a moment, it was as if I was trying out figure out myself what I could remember. I looked back up. "You gave me your designation." He removed his faceplates, which was something I didn't notice he had until now. He sighed, looking away from me. He held out his servo, I hesitantly grabbed it. He had a strong grip. It almost hurt. He let go as soon as I got to my peds. I rubbed at my servo, which was now sore. Actually, everything was sore. I hurt everywhere. 

"Ratchet." I looked up to Orion. He held his servo up to his face. I reached out, trying to grab his servo, but he quickly pulled away. I decided to step back and give him some space. I tried to listen to whoever this 'Ratchet' was. 

"Are you okay?" he asked. 

"Set up a ground bridge." he ignored Ratchet's question completely. He glanced back at me, before looking away. "Expect a visitor." He added. It was as if he was trying to avoid my optics. 

"Uh... Okay?" Ratchet didn't seem too pleased to hear about this new visitor. I grew confused. Orion told me that he admired me, but now it seems as if he wants nothing to do with me. It wouldn't be the first time. It didn't take long for the ground bridge to appear. 

"Come on." Orion spoke in such an intimidating tone. I almost shuddered. He stomped forward, towards the bridge. I hesitantly followed. 

At the Base...

As soon as I got to the other side of the ground bridge, I was immediately met with firearms. I jumped back, fighting the urge to draw my own weapons. Orion gestured for them to lower their firearms. They all looked at each other before doing so. 

"When you said to expect a visitor, I didn't think you meant...," the mech grimaced at me. "Him..." I assumed he was the voice behind Ratchet. They all glared at me. I stared down at the ground beneath me. I was getting uncomfortable. I so badly wanted to go back to... wherever I woke up. I knew I was unwanted here. Not that I wasn't used to it. But the fact that Orion now despised me, it was a little too much. He seemed so friendly before. 

"Megatronus." I looked up at my designation. Orion only gave me a blank stare. "Come with me." he ordered. I instinctively obeyed him. Looking down at his peds as I followed. This treatment felt too familiar. I remember my master would give the same blank stare when he ordered me around. I was starting to feel worthless again. I always hated that feeling. 

Orion took me to an empty room, which only had a berth. It was a lot cleaner than the one I used to have. The berth was in much better shape, and there weren't any holes or cracks in the walls. I sat at the edge of the berth, looking down at my own peds. Orion then offered me what seemed like a screen pad. I stared at it for a moment. "Here." he spoke softly, a much nicer tone than before. I looked up at him, unsure of his intentions. I slowly reached for the pad, grabbing it cautiously. "I'm... sorry. We don't have much else." he began scratching the back of his neck. 

"What do I do with this?" I asked. 

"You may use it to write anything down or draw." he answered simply. "I'm afraid we don't have anything for you to read. This... is all we have." He began to walk out. He didn't seem to realize how much I appreciated the small gesture. 

"Thank you." I called out. He paused for a moment, before walking faster. The door closed as soon as he left. I looked down at the object in my servo. I've never seen anything like it before. After a bit of trial and error, I opened a new file and began doodling. It's not like I have anywhere to be, not like they'd let me leave anyway. I knew better.