Chapter 15

There was no denying it any longer when the girls reached the other side. Mystique Hollow was real, and it was just as fantastic and incredible as last time. All the strange, and apparently costumed inhabitants were running about and hanging up lanterns that were projecting lights the color of sunset. Gold, violet, and pink were shinning all around and the girls thought it was glorious. Especially Vaggie, who was now becoming inspired by such majesty and expression of color.

"Welcome back darlings." They Levana call out warmly as she walked over to greet them. "I'm so glad you decided to visit me again."

"Well we didn't have anything better to do." Vaggie said. "And we don't get out very much."

"But that can't be. You're both sixteen, you should be out partying and dancing. In my opinion it would be a sin for a girl to deny herself light and joy. That being said, I have a little surprise for you Charlie."

"Really?" She said getting exciting. "I like surprises. What is it?"

"Now if I told you, it wouldn't be a surprise. First let's get you two freshened up and help you relax, you both seem so tense. Let me treat you both to some pampering at my bathhouse. Now how do you ladies like your bath? Warm? Hot? Or boil a lobster?"

"We honestly don't know." Charlie said.

"Then let me choose for you and I'll have the best herbs added to the water."

The bathhouse was a grand building constructed of the finest marble and stone, scented of soap and other fragrances one would expect in such an establishment. They were welcomed by female workers who apparently wore glum and blank faced masks, these women each escorted Charlie and Vaggie to their own private bath, with their own tub made of porcelain and gold. Charlie's bath was filled with hot water that was the prefect temperature and next to the tub was a tray of different oils and salts.

Charlie quickly undressed and lowered herself into the tub. God, she couldn't remember the last time she had taken bath. She couldn't take baths much at home, it always had to be a quick shower because she couldn't run out all the hot water needed for Octavia's bath.

"She's too little to shower." Stolas would say. "She needs a bath, you don't. Give it a few more years, then she'll be able to shower and once in awhile you can run a bath for yourself."

So you can imagine how good it felt to finally be able to sit and soak in hot water. To have a bathroom all to herself. To just relax and let all of today's worries fade away. It was like heaven.

Kncok-knock!

"Who is it?" Charlie called.

"It's Levana, may I come in?"

"Are you alone?" Charlie asked. "There aren't any guys out there, right?"

"Of course. I assure you, only a women are allowed in my bathhouse."

"Okay, you can come in."

Levana opened the door and entered with two female workers.

"They're here to bathe and anoint you, if you'd like."

"Oh...Um...Sure."

The two servants then proceeded to pour herbal oil and mineral salts into the water. Next one servant washed her hair while the other scrubbed her body. It was the most soothing experience of Charlie's life, she was sure that even the best spa in town couldn't have been as relaxing.

"Feeling better?" Levana asked.

"Much, thank you." Charlie said. "Warm water's done me a world of good."