Chapter 59

Levana may have appeared very calm and in control during her last encounter with Charlie and the others. But in actuality, she was very furious. Ever since Charlie had gotten that first time, she had been in a very rotten mood and it was getting more rotten with each second she drew breath. Today though had to be one of the worst fits she had gotten herself into for you see everyone within her palace was trembling and shaking with such unease. Absolutely terrified of what she would do to them for she had a terrible habit of taking out her rage on them.

"My children." She said to Dennis and so many other of her loyal puppets. "My miserable children. My useless, lazy children. My worthless, good-for-nothing children!"

They all shuddered like she towered over them even though she sat only across from them at a desk.

"Tell me something. Why is it that you cannot appreciate me?" She said tapping her talon-like fingernails on to the desk in an impatient manner. "I see how awful and pathetic your old lives are and I take it upon myself to give you a much better life and home, one where you're given whatever you desire. One where I dote on you and care for you as any mother would, and all I ask in return is simple obedience and gratitude."

"We are grateful!" They said fearfully. "We are most grateful!"

"Grateful? If you are so grateful then answer me this, I get up this morning and I look out my window, and what am I seeing?" She scratched the table saw hard that it left marks. "I am asking you, what am I seeing?!"

No one could answer.

"I am seeing the sun!" She pointed out the window to the glorious sphere of golden light that now shined in the sky. "Someone created a sun! Someone created something in my world! Dennis!"

Dennis swallowed hard before stepping forward.

"Yes?" He replied meekly.

"Did you not promise me, when that moon suddenly appeared, that nothing like that would happen again?"

"Yes. I did promise that."

"So why am I seeing a sun?!"

"I'm sorry Levana, we've tried everything we can to destroy every one of Alastor's creations but he's...Well he's...He's...He's just a little bit too cleaver for us."

"Are you going to tell me, that he's smarter than you?!" She slammed a fist down hard. "Well if you really consider yourself that dumb, maybe I should just rip out your brains! Cause it's obvious you can't use them!"

"But he didn't make the sun!" Protested a rag-doll looking creature dress, with long red hair and in clothes as far back as the pioneer days.

"What are you talking about Scarlett? Of course Alastor made it! He's the only here who's been able create anything!"

"Well actually...." Stammered a marionette with clothes from the 1940's era. "The sun...The sun is a bit too bright and pretty for someone like him to make."

"What are you getting at Quigley?"

"We...We think that someone else may have made it."

"Who? Who did it? Tell me now!"

"We saw..." Dennis said. "When we were pursuing Charlie and her friend, we saw her imagine a tree. It just came out of nowhere while she was running from us!"

Levana suddenly became very quiet which made her "children" all the more terrified of her. For what seemed like hours she kept sitting there, pondering this new bit of information and what it could mean.

"Another child with Issac's gift. Just one of them I've barely been able to keep from my spoiling my world, but now two of them could completely destroy everything I've worked for!" She then snarled at the others. "How could you allow this to happen?! After all I've done for you!"