16

A U T H O R

'So you have to color it like this.' Y/N said as she finally turned off the recording.

'What are you doing?' Rainer asked.

'Nothing. Just recording a tutorial for one of the newcomers in my second job.' Y/N replied.

'Oh. Are you and your friends going to the department dinner?'

'Yes. I missed the last one. Can't afford to miss this one and become the center of others' gossip.'

'Hahaha.' Rainer laughed as Y/N sent the video to her junior.

'So, what brings you here?' Y/N asked as she took a bit of the burger.'

'Nothing. Just saw you have some snacks and thought to join you.'

'Oh, where is Feng?' Y/N asked.

Feng was another colleague of hers and her friends.

'I have never seen you alone. I always so you and Feng sticking together like glue.' Y/N snickered.

'Yeah yeah. He is with Shizu right now.'

Y/N narrowed her eyes.

'He has a crush on my girl?' Y/N asked.

'Nah, he has engaged, bro. They were told to check the cancer patients.'

'Yo!'

Y/N and Rainer looked at the newcomer and saw that it was Loid, Shizu, and Feng.

'We were just talking about you!' Rainer laughed.

'Is that so?' Shizu said as she threw some fries in her mouth after taking them from Y/N's plate.

Loid and Feng had brought cappuccino as Rainer was drinking hot coffee.

'You missed lunch today?!' Loid asked as he saw Y/N's plate.

'Yeah. I just brought these since I will be joining the department dinner late.'

'Why?' Loid asked.

'Yeah, I have to do some rough sketches for the new series. I have been falling behind since I didn't sketch two characters.'

'Oh. So do you want me to stay with y-'

'Nah! I feel energetic while I am alone and I can think better.' Y/N laughed at her words.

'Okay then.' Rainer nodded.
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
'Cause I am your home home home home!' Y/N sang as she nodded her head to the beat.

It was 8 o'clock. The interns and others came to the dinner half an hour ago. Y/N sat on the bench of a nearby children's playground.

It was a peaceful night. Cold waves brewed through the night as she tried to focus on her raw sketch.

But the more silent it was, the more her brother's words echoed through her ears.

Finally not being able to handle it anymore, she put some songs and put the left AirPods on her left ear, and turned the volume high.

'You know without you I'm so lonely when you not here 911 calling~'