Hot

Margot was a nerve-wracking addition to the usual six we performed to, but I felt like I was onstage at the Palladium with the way she smiled at me. I had told the boys earlier in the day that they were required to play only our best songs – I had even tried to see if we could learn a love song before the show.

We couldn't, but it's the thought that counts right?

My voice cracked a couple of times during the set due to my nerves, but I powered through. She had drunk several beers, sweet and grateful whenever Nick came over to get her a fresh one. We finished the set and I put my guitar away, shaking with nerves as I prepared to go see Margot. I turned to her, smiling nervously.

She was smirking at me, her legs crossed. I almost fell off the stage as I stumbled towards her, unbelieving that Margot Patterson had come to a Corroded Coffin show. She leaned forward as I got to her, bouncing the legs I had been obsessed with over the last year. I cleared my throat and stood awkwardly in front of her as she looked up at me.

"So, uh, w-what d-did you think?" I asked, trying not to look too hard at her. She was shiny again, making my heart skip. She held her hand out.

"I think," she started as she pulled me into the seat next to her, "That you're an actual rockstar. And that it is so cool that you're a lead singer in a band, and that the band is actually great."

"Oh, I don't know about—"

"I know, Eddie Munson," she insisted, sliding her hand up my thigh and leaning close to my face. I felt my face burn and my stomach flip as she smirked at me – this was New Margot. Confident and cool, never letting anything get to her. I needed to remember that when she drank, New Margot was in charge.

"Yeah?" I croaked, my mouth going dry. She grinned and moved even closer, her lavender perfume consuming me and making me dizzy.

"Oh, yeah – like a regular Oscar," she replied. My nerves broke and I furrowed my brows.

"Oscar?"

Her eyes widened and New Margot broke for a second.

"Isn't that his name? The spooky rockstar who bit a rat?"

I grinned and shook my head, snaking my hand around the back of her neck and pulling her closer to me.

"It's Ozzy, princess. And he bit the head off a bat," I corrected. I grinned when she flushed and smiled nervously.

"Oh, sorry," she said quietly. I crinkled my eyes and shook my head.

"Nothing to be sorry for, you secret nerd," I teased. I pulled her to my lips, kissing her deeply. My heart skipped when she gripped onto my shirt, holding me closer to her. I leaned back, stroking her hair as she looked up at me, her eyes glistening.

"You really were great, Eddie," she repeated. I smiled and nodded, kissing her quickly. I glanced back at the stage, my friends watching us absolutely stupefied. I turned back to her.

"You okay to drink with the boys for a while? I promise they won't say anything," I asked, twirling one of her curls around my finger. She smiled and nodded at me. I looked back at my friends. "Hey, assholes – come have some drinks with us."

Jeff and Gareth scampered over, sitting quickly and watching us. I held Margot's hand, tracing her fingers with mine. Gareth was the first to break the silence.

"I'm sorry, I just can't believe that you're even hanging out with Eddie," he said, shaking his head. She let out a sparkling laugh and leaned into me.

"Keeping it quiet for now, but you better believe it," she responded. I kissed the top of her head but felt a pit in my stomach when she said we were keeping things quiet. I tried to focus on the "for now" part.