Embarrassment

"Come here," Eddie ordered as we pulled to a stop in front of someone's house.

I grinned as he pulled me to his lips to kiss me, giddy and goofy about the fact that we were going to be able to act like a real couple. All day we had done this – one of us giving the other a kiss that quickly led to a the other picking up a fervor between us. I unbuckled my seatbelt and crawled into his lap when he pulled me to him.

I moved down his neck, feeling his face heat under my touch. He pulled me back to his lips and kissed me hard once more before I pushed him back in his seat and didn't let him kiss me. I grinned as he groaned, upset because he wanted to keep kissing me.

"You're cruel, do you know that? All I want to do is kiss you, and you won't let a man have one good thing, will you? Am I not good to you?" he teased. I laughed and kissed him again, giggling as he squeezed my sides. He grinned at me, his gaze soft and sweet as he started playing with my hair. His grin grew as I shivered involuntarily.

"You're late to see your boys," I whispered as he pulled me back to his face. He shrugged.

"They can wait – I'm more concerned about the princess in my lap," he replied. I grinned as he kissed me again. He pulled back and winked at me, wrapping his hand around the back of my neck and squeezing it gently. He opened the van door for us and helped me out, keeping my hand in his. We walked up to the house, and he knocked on the door, smirking at me. The door swung open, and I panicked for a moment, worried that I would need to put on an act. But then I remembered where we were.

Dustin Henderson stood in the doorway, his mouth agape and in shock. Eddie pulled me closer into his arms, and I did not even have to look at him to know he was wearing a shit-eating grin.

"Hey, Henderson," Eddie greeted, playing cool and casual. I smiled at Dustin who was still in shock.

"Gareth and Jeff weren't lying? You actually fell for his bullshit?" Dustin asked me, still in shock. I laughed and Eddie scoffed.

"My 'bullshit'? I happen to be a regular Romeo," Eddie quipped as he pulled me inside. Dustin stayed in step with me, needling me with questions.

"When did this happen? Are you okay? Did you have a mental break?" Dustin grilled me, insistent on getting to the truth. Eddie wrapped his arm around my waist and sauntered to a room in the house I had now figured out was the Henderson's. I laughed and shook my head.

"No, Dustin – I don't need to be mentally ill to like Eddie," I replied. He raised an eyebrow.

"Have you met him?"

Eddie dropped me momentarily to smack Dustin upside his head. Dustin whined and I tried not to laugh. We turned to a group of nerdy boys gathered around a coffee table in a game room. Gareth and Jeff greeted me, coming over to give me a hug hello, but the other boys watched us how Dustin had – stunned and shocked.

"Holy shit," Mike said. The other boys echoed his sentiments and Eddie kissed my temple.

"Play it cool, gentlemen – you all remember Margot?" Eddie asked. They nodded, in a stupor, and Eddie looked down at me. He leaned close to my ear. "I am a god amongst these mortals because of you."

I flushed and smiled at him, flattered by his compliments. Eddie gestured to them.

"Get us some chairs – Margot's not sitting on the ground," Eddie ordered. They all scrambled, pulling different seats over to us. Eddie helped me into a seat and grinned as he sat next to me. He laced our hands together and smiled wickedly at the boys. "Are we ready for a quick campaign?"

"Only if you let Margot play," Dustin interjected. I smiled at him.

"Oh, Molly the Clever is definitely participating today," I replied. I looked at Eddie and he smiled wider, taking my hand and kissing my knuckles.