God Amongst Men

"Eddie," I sighed as he nipped at my neck. He continued to ignore me as he fixated on a spot in the crook of my neck, making my head spin. I laced my fingers in his hair, pulling him closer as he wrapped his arms around me tighter.

"God, you smell so good," he murmured into my neck. I grinned and pulled back looking down at him. He turned bright red and shook his head. "Sorry, that was so dorky, I shouldn't have—"

I cut him off by kissing him, melting into him as he ran his hands up my back and around the base of my neck. I smiled and pulled back, pressing my forehead to his. He started playing with my hair and I shivered involuntarily.

"You know, if you keep kissing me, I'm not going to be able to show you off," I teased. He grinned and shrugged.

"Trying to make up for all the kisses I've missed out on," he replied, kissing me quickly.

I pulled back and watched him, taking in every feature I had been so worried I would never been able to be this close to again. He turned red again and smiled.

"What?" he asked. I shrugged.

"You're so handsome," I replied. He turned crimson and buried his face in the crook of my neck, not wanting me to see how embarrassed he was. I grinned and kissed the side of his head, wrapping my arms around him tightly.

"You sure know how to make a guy feel special, princess," he said bashfully. I giggled and brushed his hair out of his face. I kissed him quickly.

"Are you ready for this?" I asked, smiling at him. His grin grew and he nodded, excited. I shifted off his lap and climbed out of his van. He clambered out after me, closing the door behind him. I held my hand out and he took it, his smile brighter than any I had seen on him before.

I felt the nerves in me grow but tried to brush it off. I looked up at him and smiled when I saw how nervous he was. I lifted our hands to my lips and kissed the back of his hand. He smiled at me and kissed the top of my head.

"I can't believe this is actually happening," he said quietly. I leaned into him.

"I'm so excited to parade my boyfriend around," I replied. He flushed, smiling widely, and shook his head. We got to the mall entrance, and he grabbed the door, opening it up for me. Out of habit, he dropped my hand, but I quickly took it back. He took a deep breath and nodded.

"Sorry – force of habit," he explained. I pulled him along and smiled brightly.

"We'll break that bad habit soon enough," I teased. He smiled and pulled me close to him, snaking an arm around my waist. I leaned into him, loving how much more I enjoyed being about to be out in public with him than sneaking around with him. He kissed my temple.

"So, how dressed up do we get for a dance?" he asked nervously. We continued to walk in step together towards the food court.

"Not as dressy as prom, but just as nice as you would for homecoming," I answered, looking up at him. He raised an eyebrow at me.

"Bold of you to assume I know the dress code for either of those events, princess," he quipped. I furrowed my brows.

"Have you never been to a school dance?" I asked. He flushed and I felt my heart soften. I wrapped an arm around his waist and smiled. "I'll tell you – even Old Margot has been to a school dance."

He laughed and kissed my forehead.

"I told you I was the dorkier one in this relationship," he replied.

I beamed up at him, absolutely giddy about being back in his arms and ribbing each other. I looked forward and felt a wave of nerves crash over me as I realized we were coming up on the food court. I knew that there would be hordes of people from school who would see us. I took a deep breath. Eddie squeezed my side, making me look up at him.