Home Early

"They did not use the word 'legend'," Margot scoffed, smirking at me, I continued to rub her legs as I beamed at her.

"I'm sorry, have you seen yourself? If anyone used a word lesser to describe me as your boyfriend, I would have to defend your honor," I flirted. Her face twisted into the goofy smile I loved so much, and she turned red. She nudged me with her foot.

"You and your lines, Eddie Munson," she replied. I shook my head.

"Wouldn't ever work on you," I insisted. She laughed and moved her legs from me. She scooted over to me, wrapping my arms around her. I held her tight and kissed the top of her head.

We had taken Shelob to the lake, propping the doors open and looking out over the water. I was filling her in on what happened this morning and what everyone had said to me. She had told me about how the girls in her class had talked about me, and I couldn't help but give her a hard time. It was flattering to learn how jealous she was.

"You're a bad influence on me," she mused quietly. I looked down at her and she smiled. "I've only ever skipped class because of you."

I laughed and pulled her closer.

"To be fair, one time was because you had broken my heart and had to win me back," I teased. She nuzzled closer to me, wrapping her arms around me.

"Sorry about that," she replied quietly. I smiled into the top of her head as I played with her hair.

"You've made up for it," I said. She squeezed me tighter. "I'm not going anywhere, Go."

"Just making sure," she squeaked. I laughed and tugged on her hair softly. "Munson, you can't do that to me."

I laughed harder laid her back on the cushions in the back of the van, holding myself over her. I watched her, committing every one of her features of memory. I kissed her hard, smiling when she gripped onto my shirt and pulled me closer. I started tracing her thighs and she sighed once I moved down her neck.

"Is this what you normally do when you skip school?" she croaked as I nipped at her collarbones. I laughed and rolled to my side, keeping her in my arms. I brushed her hair out of her face and cleared my throat as she played with the collar of my flannel.

"No, princess – I don't usually sneak off to the lake with pretty girls when I skip school," I teased. She flushed and tucked her head under my chin. "I've famously had challenges in even talking to pretty girls in the past."

"I don't believe that," she quipped. I laughed and kissed the top of her head.

"You better – I still have no idea why you even spend time with me," I replied. She pulled back, her brows furrowed. "What?"

"You go from being a legend to not knowing why I spend time with you?" she asked, incredulous. I felt my face flush and cleared my throat.

"I don't need you to point out my contradictions, princess," I said, pressing my forehead to hers. She laughed and kissed me again. "Besides, you love it."

She grinned at me, brushing hair out of my face. I felt a wave of panic as she watched me.

"You love it, right?" I asked.

She grinned and poked my nose.

"You know, for someone who hates fishing, you sure go fishing for compliments a lot," she replied. I grinned at her.

"You're not answering the question," I quipped.

"Yes, Eddie Munson – I love it," she finally answered. I felt relieved and pressed my lips to her forehead. Margot Patterson loved me. Margot Patterson loved me.